Thread: Hotwire kit differences

Hotwire kit differences Hotwire kit differences
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotwire kit differences

What's the differences between the syclones Hotwire kit and typhoons Hotwire kit?
    1992 s10 extended cab, syclone 4.3l turbo, n3500 5 speed tranny, digital cluster, aluminum underdrive pullies, e-fan, a/c deleted, 3" down pipe, msd ignition coil, 255lb fuel pump hot wired, tie down strap, cal tracs, lowered 4", grand national rims, 2001 s10 seats, K&n filter, shaved door handles+taillight, boost gauge, Scanmaster G, velocity chip(stock injectors), aem inline uego wb, 3 bar map,

1984 grand national intercooled 3.8 sfi turbo...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hotwire kit differences

Length.

Typhoon has a rear tank

Syclone has a mid-tank
    1991 Syclone #678.
    1992 Typhoon #413 Sold

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cause I can't get my pump to turn on with the kit.....it's brand new......I've installed a kit on my grand national with good results
    1992 s10 extended cab, syclone 4.3l turbo, n3500 5 speed tranny, digital cluster, aluminum underdrive pullies, e-fan, a/c deleted, 3" down pipe, msd ignition coil, 255lb fuel pump hot wired, tie down strap, cal tracs, lowered 4", grand national rims, 2001 s10 seats, K&n filter, shaved door handles+taillight, boost gauge, Scanmaster G, velocity chip(stock injectors), aem inline uego wb, 3 bar map,

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first harness for the ty was wired wrong

The recent wire for the Syclone, I order the wrong wring kit (I believe the website fault) , with all said and done , I lost about $60.
    Last edited by denny; 02-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Ty369 (original owner) Best 11.46@117.39 PTE51 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-TOBZECLeU
    Denny NY
    Bowtie block, steel crank, vortec heads, 4l80e, Precision billet 6768, Cambell custom cam, HTP 50 lber

Sy303 (Frankensy) - 23 deg oddfire BS3 efi E85 - th400 - walbro 450LPH, 160lb, unknown CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AnYone have the same results and got it working?

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three of them one which is on a Ty. All work. If you don't have a good ground for the wire on the kits relay. Not going to work. I would hook it all up. Don't plug in the intercept plugs of the stock harness to pump connection. But test light the plugs on the new harness with the truck running plugged in as stock. If there is no power on the kits two weatherpack connectors. You know where you are at.
    Four Syclones, Two Typhoons, and a pretty new Sonoma GT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked on a Sy that had this harness. The two wires in the weather pack plug were backwards. Not only did it not run, but the fuel level sender got fried too because it was fed with +12 Volts. I had to replace the sender unit. I was surprised that A: The vendor for the harness made such a stupid mistake and didn't catch it. B: Whoever installed it didn't notice that the grey and purple wires didn't match up to each other, and check it out further. Would have taken like 30 seconds to de-pin and switch them.

I just make my own harnesses. Why pay 5X what it costs to make yourself, and perhaps a lot more if they make a stupid mistake that costs you time and a new sending unit to boot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen. I made my own also.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I just make my own harnesses. Why pay 5X what it costs to make yourself, and perhaps a lot more if they make a stupid mistake that costs you time and a new sending unit to boot?
    Cruzin' Mel Man
    Semper Fi

Keep your fork

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dave can you give me a wiring diagram on how to make a Hotwire kit. I figured Ill rewire my racetronix Hotwire kit since it's not working

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just put my third Racetronix kit on my built engine Syclone. It fired up and ran. Guess I got lucky all of my harnesses work since so many are having problems now.
    Four Syclones, Two Typhoons, and a pretty new Sonoma GT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any pictures of the relay with it hooked up

[IMG][/IMG]

Thread Information