Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Holland

Hi all,

I'm Eric, from The Netherlands and at the moment still without a Syclone or Typhoon.
    I've been looking into buying a Syclone only they are quite difficult to find in Europe, so maybe I'll have to settle with a Typhoon instead.
    When I find one it'll probably need a bit of work so upgrading it at the same time will be a good excuse for a bit more HP.
    Is there a "guide" or checklist to get these cars to about 400-500hp?
    I've been in the Ford Cosworth scene for quite a few years and there you just take a chip, grey injectors, 3 bar map sensor, decat exhaust and you're good for 400hp.
    If anyone can help me, Id appreciate it.
    also f anyone knows of a Syclone for sale in Europe, please let me know.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search.
    Phil
    91 Syclone 2097
    92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
    93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Thanks, already found a Syclone and made the payment for it.
      Now it's just waiting for about 6 weeks for it to arrive here.
      It's one from Japan and has done 35.00 miles, so the interior is as good as new, but the paint has had a beating in the sun over there.
      Next step will be a bit of paintwork and trying to figure out how to make it a bit faster.
      I'm seeing a lot of different things here on the forum, just have to figure out what's what in the Syclone's

Comment

Did not take you very long to find a Syclone. It sounds like it is going to be a good one with the low mileage. You should really think about the hard work it usually is to keep a modified truck on the road before you make any changes from stock. If you change parts to make it go faster, it has to be tuned to run properly with the changes. And you will have to learn to tune or find someone that can do the tuning for you. Neither would be an easy task. A well maintained stock Syclone will run pretty strong. And you probably won't be working on it all the time.
        Phil
        91 Syclone 2097
        92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
        93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Keeping it on the road maybe will take some work but that's no big problem.
          I've got my own shop/garage, so all the equipment etc is within reach.
          I'll just wait and see how it drives and then decide what to do about upgrades.
          The work is no issue, but getting all the parts for the car is a bit difficult in Europe.

Comment

Working...
          X