Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time typhoon owner !! lots of questions - steering, suspension etc...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time typhoon owner !! lots of questions - steering, suspension etc...

hello
    I just purchased my first 1993 typhoon .. red/red... 55k
    I love the truck . seems to need some simple maintenance
    so far replaced all the steering control arms, tie rod ends, pitman . idler etc...
    then installed belltech drop shocks (all 4)--- front belltech torsion keys (seemed to drop the truck... I have them cranked all the way up)

installed a new hooker intermediate steering shaft upgrade --- just like a jeep shaft just new part rather than getting a "used" jeep shaft made a big difference
    the wheel was sloppy before --- between 10 & 2

replaced the front driveline / shaft and rear ujoints

overall the truck is nice I am trying to keep if fairly stock .
    currently I am trying to figure out the rear leaf springs . I just purchased belltech 5953 drop leaf springs
    after reading a bunch of post / threads it seems like these should work in place of the factory leafs and blocks???

I am looking for insight with regards to the suspension I am trying to get a better ride and NOT slam the typhoon
    also, the typhoon looks pretty "low" ...but I have read that they cam with a 2-3" drop factory in 1993.... would this be correct ??? lowering blocks with shims ? from the factory

I am hoping that the belltech's with JTR setback plates and 3 degree shims should keep the height the same as original (with out having blocks) . but a little better ride
    has anyone done this???

I know this is a lot of questions and may need to post up in another category or thread... BUT this is the first forum/ group that I have seen a "new topic" button...

I dunnno maybe I just need a bit of help navigating this forum . neeewbie!!

anyways,

brent - seattle -- 1993 typhoon -- essentially stock just getting started and tons of questions
Working...
X