New PB last year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PB last year

Last May I fired up the Ty for the first time in 2017. The truck hibernates in the Minnesota winters here. She made an awful tapping noise coming from the driver's side. Found out I had a valve that was hanging up. So I decided to swap the old L35s with Vortecs. While I was at it I swapped the stock turbo with a 20G14cm and ordered a chip from TT. Also had a local guy fabricate a 3in DP/exhaust. Didn't get the bugs worked out until October. (Tracks usually shut down around here that time of year.). I didn't have time to get my converter in but was curious to see what she'd do at the track after wrenching on it most of the year. 60ft was horrible as I couldn't build much boost off the line with the stock converter.

60 - 1.988
    1/8 - 7.990 @ 89.57
    1/4 - 12.44 @ 109.4

In the process of making more changes this year. Just finished installing SM race intercooler & Johnson pump. Still have to install Racetronix 340 with hotwire kit. And ofcourse I'll get the 2800 stall in. Excited to see what it'll do with a proper boost launch and slightly cooler temps.

'92 Black/Black Ty #2412
    12.81 @ 103
    Stock Turbo

Keep up the good work.
    1993 GMC Typhoon #1215 (10.71@124MPH Stock Bottom End)
    Typhoon 2.0 Build: 10.49 @129 Forged Internals, Block Fill, 4 bolt, High Compression, Brodix -8 Ported Heads, Custom Cam, Headers, E85, Holley Dominator, Built 4L80e

Comment

You need to be closer so I can grab those L35s off of you =l. VA is a long way away to pay shipping.

Comment

Lol they were shot anyway. Engine builder did a magnetic particle inspection and found cracks around like 4 of the 6 chambers. Itís amazing the truck even ran 12.80ís before with the stock turbo and cracked heads.
        '92 Black/Black Ty #2412
        12.81 @ 103
        Stock Turbo

Comment

Working...
        X