Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time out with new Typhoon 10.29 @ 133

Hi everyone,

Just got my (new to me) 93 Ty out the dragstrip for the first time. It's a Speed Inc. build (built by danimal95), twin turbo LS swap making 700 rwhp at 10 lbs of boost. RPM front coil over kit and I just put Caltracs on the stock leafs last week.

I ran right after arriving at the track after a 1.5 hr drive and ran a 10.9 @ 124...1.58 60 ft, IATs were 140 to 150 degrees! I was disappointed in the MPH. Let her cool off for a while and the next run with closer to 100 degree IATs was the 10.29 @ 133. 1.56 60 ft. timeslips for this run and the next run of 10.40 @ 130 are attached. Also the youtube links are below.

Just getting started with this one and will keep posting results as they come in.

I've got to tweak the Caltracs a bit for a harder hit out of the hole, as it spun a little right away on most of my launches. I'm just footbraking to 3k rpm, at 3.5k RPM it pushed through the brakes. I have a 2 step to install to get a higher launch RPM. Track prep got worse as the night went on and it was a street legal event so all the street tires spinning off the line doesn't help. Track is usually a 1500 ft DA.

I also want to put it back on the dyno to check HP etc. 133 mph still seems low to me for this power but the truck does weigh 4200lbs. I never thought IATs would affect power so much! Another item on the "to do" list will be upgrading the heat exchanger as it's still using the little stock crusty one but with awesome custom intercoolers and big tank in the back. I also forgot to get ice to put in the system which I now see would have helped tremendously.

And of course - once I get some of these items squared away - turn up the boost!!

https://youtu.be/XxcWfqVtMEs

https://youtu.be/1VQKb3kmjcA
    Last edited by drhill; 02-01-2019, 07:20 PM.

cant seem to upload the timeslips?

Does anyone know how to upload a picture?

Comment

LS V8... dang. Thought itís V6 til I read the describe.
      John

91 Syclone #644
      87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
      86 Z28 355 high modify

Comment

Wow congrats . I almost went out there Wednesday night . Very nice run. That thing is moving .

Comment

That is very quick. Super cool.
          Phil
          91 Syclone 2097
          92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
          93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

9 sec truck easy. Great Run!
            Last edited by neildemo; 02-03-2019, 04:56 PM.
            SY 2588-AutoX Stock,Coilovers,ATR pitbull
            SY-Mutant-Dunno abomination But I love it.
            Sy-2177-Beauty and the Beast. A2A,Code59,SSBC,2800 Stall

Comment

Would love to here more about the build, how long have you had it, what did it set you back, and is he still building more, details, details, details.

Thanks,

Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ty Afair View Post
                Would love to here more about the build, how long have you had it, what did it set you back, and is he still building more, details, details, details.

Thanks,

Gordy

Awesome run! glad you like the truck,hope it's everything you expected. Been nice chatting with you about it nice to see it ended up in good hands.LMK if there is anything else I can do for you

I'll let DrHill fill you in on most of the details,as it is his truck,however I built it,and yes We are building more..PM if you would like to speak about it
                92 Ty #2344 402 Iron LS1,twin GT-35R, 4L80E all-wheel drive and a/c 779 rwhp@11psi,9.50@138
                1970 K5 blazer LS3 TT 6L80E AWD
                69 Dodge charger built 440 soon to be resto-modded SOLD!!

Comment

Yes, danimal built it, maybe 6 years ago or so for a customer in Chicago? The quality of the work is outstanding, everyone is impressed when they see the engine bay, very clean and professional. Somebody had an open checkbook with this truck when it was built - all the good stuff:

GM performance LSX block to 427"
                  forged internals 9:1 compression
                  TFS 245cc heads
                  Precision 62/62 turbos
                  built 4L80E with 3400 Yank triple disc
                  Moser 12 bolt rear
                  custom hot side using 2010 Camaro manifolds
                  custom dual A2W intercoolers
                  AC, heat, stereo etc: 4200 lb truck!
                  ran these numbers on pump gas

I'll get some pics together shortly...
                  Last edited by drhill; Today, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Once again thanks for the compliments,and ur right a open checkbook was supplied with that build. There is an entire build thread on this site somewhere documenting the whole project...i think..try searching Speed Inc Typhoon # 2 maybe
                    92 Ty #2344 402 Iron LS1,twin GT-35R, 4L80E all-wheel drive and a/c 779 rwhp@11psi,9.50@138

Comment

http://www.syty.net/forums/forum/gen...-typhoon-build

Comment

Working...
                      X