Syclone #1385 Stock turbo times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syclone #1385 Stock turbo times

Just an update on my project stock turbo Syclone. Ran the truck for the first time in a 2 years at the strip. It ran its best times to date of 12.3's and previous years were 12.50's. The truck picked up almost 1.5 MPH in the traps. Stock Turbo E85. 16-18lbs of boost. 16 lbs first gear, 17 lbs second, and 18 lbs 3rd and OD.

Does anyone have experience with tuning E85? Currently only using 2 degrees more timing. Knock was .7 or less in 1st and 2nd and none in 3rd and OD.

No matter how I adjusted the picture. It kept going back to sideways...apologies.

Syclone #380 71mm Turbo Fast XFI
    Syclone #463 13k Original and Stock
    Syclone #1385 Stock Turbo Class Competitor
    '17 Civic Type R #965 AutoX and PDX
    '16 S3 APR Stg 1 DD 12.03 @ 112

Looks like itís running real good . Iíve screwed around with e85 a bit . I have the smaller 13 gallon and tank and Iíll add 5-6 gallons of e85 and the rest 91 octane . I turn up the boost to 17 on the street as well and get no knock. I have a turbotweak chip that I turn up 8 clicks on the dial which is 24% more fuel. I do this because e85 burns at a faster rate so you need to add more . When I do this my scanmaster 02ís go back up to 940-960. Without touching the dial and leaving it in the middle the truck will run lean. I do have 60lb injectors though . If you have stock injectors I would add 1 or maybe 2 gallons if you can get away with it just to keep the knock down . Running 12.3 I would imagine your injectors are maxed out already . My turbotweak tune is not for e85 so I just flip the switch to my 104 octane tune and turn the dial up to get my 02í back in the mid 900ís in the scanmaster . Good luck with the truck . Get that 60ft down and youíll see better times .

Comment

In all fairness, this truck as been E85 for the past three years. In 2018 I changed from 60 lb injectors to 80 injectors and swapped to an aluminum driveshaft. I did not have time to race last year after I swapped those two. My 60 lb injectors were maxing out with 16-17 lbs of boost. This year was the first time with the bigger injectors and driveshaft. I also use the turbotweak chip as well. I take more fuel with me to the track so I can keep it around 3/4 of tank when I'm racing.

I have the AFR set on the TT chip for 11.4 using my PLX wideband. 11.4 is pretty lean normally, I could put in more fuel to see what happens.
      Syclone #380 71mm Turbo Fast XFI
      Syclone #463 13k Original and Stock
      Syclone #1385 Stock Turbo Class Competitor
      '17 Civic Type R #965 AutoX and PDX
      '16 S3 APR Stg 1 DD 12.03 @ 112

Comment

Your absolutely right , I went to Irwindale 1/8 mile track on Thursdayí. Didnít have time to buy race so I figured I would try with 3/4 tank of e85 and the rest 91 octane .
        Turned it up to 20lbs and the sputtered . Turned it down to 17 and ran a 7.46 but still didnít feel right. Then turned it down to 16 and brought the timing up from stock 2 degrees on the both low and hjgh gear through the scanmaster and went 7.39 at 91. I also have 60lb
        Injectors . The dial was also maxed out on F And it still wasnít enough fuel . First time I had ever used e85 at the track. Iíll be going back to race fuel . Hereís the timeslip

Comment

Comment

Mph is still low and I think itís because my turbo is too small

Comment

Working...
            X