Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syclone 569 New PB: We goin 10's!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Syclone 569 New PB: We goin 10's!

    So after a motor rebuild and some updates over the winter the truck is now in the 10's



    Video for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IophSopeaqg

  • #2
    Nice job man. What race fuel are you running ? Or are you on e85?

    Comment


    • #3
      Good job and that is a nice lap. Do you care to provide details on the build?
      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mikeysy15 View Post
        Nice job man. What race fuel are you running ? Or are you on e85?
        E85

        Originally posted by proptop View Post
        Good job and that is a nice lap. Do you care to provide details on the build?
        Bob
        It's a stock bottom end, comp 412 cam, pte6266, Holley EFI, e85, etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thatís great . Those bigger turbos really give you that mph. I was looking at some of your YouTube videos . I see your pretty big on weight reduction . I was wondering how light you got it down. My truck is down to 3060 with a full 12 gallon tank without me in it . I would think your truck is down to 2950 or so since you donít have exhaust all the way back. Nice times . Iím actually looking at the same turbo you got to replace my little one

          Comment


          • #6
            Gents,
            The PTE 64/66 Gen 2 is a nice street turbo also but you need to have good boost control. Tune is really close to as it picked up almost 25 MPH from the 1/8 to the 1/4. Really nice lap even if the truck is light.
            Bob

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice job! Bet Iíll go like your but little faster since I have Pte 6766.
              John

              91 Syclone #644
              87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
              86 Z28 355 high modify

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mikeysy15 View Post
                Thatís great . Those bigger turbos really give you that mph. I was looking at some of your YouTube videos . I see your pretty big on weight reduction . I was wondering how light you got it down. My truck is down to 3060 with a full 12 gallon tank without me in it . I would think your truck is down to 2950 or so since you donít have exhaust all the way back. Nice times . Iím actually looking at the same turbo you got to replace my little one
                Truck weighs 3200lbs with no driver and half tank. I race with a full tank because of fuel slosh and I weigh 235lbs so race weight is probably 3500lbs.

                Originally posted by Sy644 View Post
                Nice job! Bet Iíll go like your but little faster since I have Pte 6766.
                We'll see...


                Comment


                • #9
                  Gents,
                  A bigger turbo is not a guarantee for a faster elapse time. It is more about the balance of torque, horsepower, and the TUNE. I have spent the last year trying to find that magic setup and it can be difficult. A 10 second pass in a street/race truck is still pretty impressive no matter what the weight of truck or the turbo size.
                  Bob

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JRoyPDX View Post

                    Truck weighs 3200lbs with no driver and half tank. I race with a full tank because of fuel slosh and I weigh 235lbs so race weight is probably 3500lbs.



                    We'll see...

                    What AFR you ran? Yeah should be since Sean Krupa had 72mm and went 10.2. Stock pistons? Rods?
                    John

                    91 Syclone #644
                    87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
                    86 Z28 355 high modify

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sy644 View Post

                      What AFR you ran? Yeah should be since Sean Krupa had 72mm and went 10.2. Stock pistons? Rods?
                      Sean went 10.71 on the stock bottom end with good heads. His 10.2 is on forged internals. 10.71 holds the current stock bottom end record for syty. I'm stock bottom end.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Heís still running on stock crankshaft as mine as well. Pistons and rods are extra insurance. Anyways what was afr, boost psi and timing degree you went that clock? 1.59 60ft is very good!
                        John

                        91 Syclone #644
                        87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
                        86 Z28 355 high modify

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sy644 View Post
                          Heís still running on stock crankshaft as mine as well. Pistons and rods are extra insurance. Anyways what was afr, boost psi and timing degree you went that clock? 1.59 60ft is very good!
                          That was a bad 60ft. Well not bad just not the best its done. It should be able to cut a 1.4 with a few tweaks.
                          This run was on about 25lbs, 17degrees and mid 11 air fuel
                          Last edited by JRoyPDX; 06-01-2019, 11:49 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nice job Jroy...I twisted my stock driver side rear axle running 10.40's. Might want to upgrade yours to mosers if you havent already.
                            10.4@127mph-stock ECM
                            542 rwhp/ 608 Torque. PTE 67-V6.
                            E85-TT-408"-AWD/4L80e under construction...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Syclone#2960 View Post
                              Nice job Jroy...I twisted my stock driver side rear axle running 10.40's. Might want to upgrade yours to mosers if you havent already.
                              I think you were making alot more torque than I am based on that signature, what kind of 60's were you cutting?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X