PTE 6262 1/8 mile Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTE 6262 1/8 mile Times

Hello everyone , Just wanted to send out my information about the new turbo I installed and the difference in power . I havenít made a pass yet in the 1/4 mile with the new turbo only 1/8 mile . I also wasnít able to turn it up over 20psi because I got kicked out .
    So with my RPM stage 1 I ran a 7.37 at 91mph at 20psi and with my new PTE 6262 it went 7.05 at 98.7mph.
    For those that donít have the money for a converter and install donít be afraid to get this turbo . Forgot to mention itís a Ball Bearing Gen 1. It has the older wheel but I got a good deal on it . Anyway , itís spools up quick enough on a launch where you donít need a converter . I got it to 10psi of boost on the launch but it just spun . On the street thereís a little more lag then the Rpm but you get used to it after a while . Itís not bad at all. Iím sure it would be better with a converter but Iím gonna wait till my tranny goes out to do everything at once .
    I also have ported 35ís and a 415 can which may help.
    Also wanted to point out that Iím using the traditional wastegate actuator and controlling boost on the rod .
    Havenít had luck with electronic or manual boost controllers . They have too much boost creep.
    The truck ran 7.29 at 96 with 16psi, 7.20 at 97 at 18psi and 7.05 at 98.7 at 20psi. The more you turn it up the more you will feel the power . Iím on a stock tranny and converter . Here are the timeslips . Iím number 1413 on the timeslips.

Comment

Mike,
      Nice laps. That 7.05 pass is so close to a 10.90 you can almost smell it if the truck will run the back half. You need to start being careful on the fuel and tune because thing happen fast at that power level.
      Bob

Comment

nice times and mph !

Where did you source the 6262 from ? What down pipe are you running ?
        Sy #0535
        TBSS LME LS2
        non outlaw hardtop 911S
        911s 3.2 turbo
        75 3.2ss cab
        LS1 SS cam and spray
        LT1 355ci procharger
        LT1 WS6 383ci

Comment

OtIt Sparkz, Thank you . I called PTE and they happen to i that one on the shelf . They had no 66mm exhaust housing only 62mm. They told me to make anything 66mm they had to machine the the 62mm bigger to for the bigger wheel of the 66. Because I was originally looking for a 6466 gen2 but they told me it would take about 3 weeks . So he offfered a 6262 gen1 at a 15% discount and it was about 1450 plus shipping and tax to California . So I took that . Kind of cool that I didnít have to switch up my stock converter , although it will run better with a higher stall but for now Iíll wait till my tranny goes out

Comment

So for the downpipe, I bought just the flange or may I say the top part or head of the downpipe that has 3 bolts . Luckily the bottom portion of my SM 3 inch downpipe slipped right in. Got very lucky .

Comment

Mike,
              Could you post a picture of your downpipe head unit? I don't believe to many people understand all the differences of the old down pipes that might be on the market.
              Bob

Comment

Sure thing Bob , let me see what I can do

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mike,
                        Thanks for posting the pics. Gents the reason that I asked him to post these is so the members can see there are different options of head units out there. If you can get your hands on one like Mike has it opens different options on the exhaust wheel sizing as it is easier to port to your turbo. Most of the other ones have a round flange on them and are some what limited in coverage when you start running the big wheels.
                        Thanks,
                        Bob

Comment

Very nice!

Where can we find something like that? What wastegate actuator is that?

Im swapping out to a 5858 and I need to figure out what to do for a downpipe and gate.
                          Sy #0535
                          TBSS LME LS2
                          non outlaw hardtop 911S
                          911s 3.2 turbo
                          75 3.2ss cab
                          LS1 SS cam and spray
                          LT1 355ci procharger
                          LT1 WS6 383ci

Comment

Sportmachinea has a whole downpipe kit right now on eBay with everything .

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254322338764

Comment

Working...
                              X