No announcement yet.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the search!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't agree more. I've been on here since 2004 and the main reason I've regularly used the site is for the search function. Years and years of others troubleshooting and problem solving is now gone for a facelift. It seriously makes no sense.
    '92 Black/Black Ty #2412
    12.81 @ 103
    Stock Turbo

Comment

Hello friends,
      I too haven't been able to do searches successfully since the new site was introduced.
      I find it confusing to navigate this site format to a large degree. I regularly peruse www.ford-trucks.com site and I can navigate over there with ease.
      It seemed that the 'flow' of our former site was more effective, and IMO, having all 'recent posts' at the main page was easiest way to see what was happening "at that moment" in time, currently.
      I haven't been able to find the "current postings" on this site since the site went online. I'm not a techie I admit, but I can fumble my way around and this new site hasn't helped me find my search queries at all.
      I commend you techies who administer this site for the challenges you regularly undertake so please don't think I'm bashing you as I truly am not. A new site introduction has to be a monumental challenge, well above my capability, so keep up the good work.
      However, if there is a member concensus drawn whether to keep the new site or revive the old site then I have to be selfish and ask for the old site to be returned (sorry). I feel I've lost all of the new posts, since the switch, already because I cannot find them anyway.
      I love this STYTY site and want to continue to use and benefit from the experience of those who have been here offering their expertise and knowledge.
      Best of luck with your update and site decisions.
      Merry Christmas to all...
      4.3 CPI, 4L60, Dana 44 3.73, ZQ8, Work-In-Progress

Comment

I am missing the old format as well and i would love to be able to search for trucks and their history. As well as the vast amount of info that is on this site... yet still unsearchable...
        Aaron T.
        Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
        http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

Comment

this has been ruined
          Sy #0535
          TBSS LME LS2
          non outlaw hardtop 911S
          911s 3.2 turbo
          75 3.2ss cab
          LS1 SS cam and spray
          LT1 355ci procharger
          LT1 WS6 383ci

Comment

I agree. The forum is ruined...
            Aaron T.
            Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
            http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

Comment

I have made a few posts and I keep getting an error. That coupled with the search problem I say go back if possible.
              Mike
              92 TY#0073
              93 TY#0965-SOLD!
              2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
              It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

I also have gotten errors posting and replying. Current posts do not show up in the "Latest Activity" tab. The Latest topics has the same post 3 times with 2 different time stamps, none of which show up in the "Latest Activity" tab.

Comment

This site could be booming right now and no one would know it. HA!
                  Mike
                  92 TY#0073
                  93 TY#0965-SOLD!
                  It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

Same problem here...
                    I'm a new Ty-Owner from Austria - made a new post in the rubric "New Members" - it doesn't show up...

And as I'm reviving my Ty - since it was standing around the last 8 years - the Search Function would be really really useful!!!

Please get it fixed!

Comment

Admin - any updates to share with the group? If site maintenance is a part-time endeavor with competing priorities, would you consider selling it to those that would have a continued interest/passion in maintaining it?

Comment

Interesting thought. Sometimes things get undesirable in life. I don't know what the situation is here but I am sure it would be a hard decision to make. I would be interested if there was a sale of SYTY.net. I have time and money to deal with it. I don't know how the background works but I can't imagine it would be that bad.

I think that Keith and most of the Admin and Mods have done a great job over the years here, you don't see a lot of activity here anymore and we're getting older so the trucks themselves get put on the back burner along with our love and passion for them. I just recently remembered how much I love my Ty and since I got to drive it my flame was re-lit LOL. I know that my enjoyment for this world will always be there so if it was sold, I would happily maintain this with pride and care.

If the right people are watching, let me know if there is interest.
                        Mike
                        92 TY#0073
                        93 TY#0965-SOLD!

Comment

seems like whoever is running the site just does not have the time to keep up with it ... last reply in this thread was november

sell the site to a meber that will run it and who has time
                          Sy #0535
                          TBSS LME LS2
                          non outlaw hardtop 911S
                          911s 3.2 turbo
                          75 3.2ss cab
                          LS1 SS cam and spray
                          LT1 355ci procharger
                          LT1 WS6 383ci

Comment

Originally posted by TYTILIDIE View Post
                            Interesting thought. Sometimes things get undesirable in life. I don't know what the situation is here but I am sure it would be a hard decision to make. I would be interested if there was a sale of SYTY.net. I have time and money to deal with it. I don't know how the background works but I can't imagine it would be that bad.

I think that Keith and most of the Admin and Mods have done a great job over the years here, you don't see a lot of activity here anymore and we're getting older so the trucks themselves get put on the back burner along with our love and passion for them. I just recently remembered how much I love my Ty and since I got to drive it my flame was re-lit LOL. I know that my enjoyment for this world will always be there so if it was sold, I would happily maintain this with pride and care.

If the right people are watching, let me know if there is interest.
                            Totally agree, and I know a guy that used to run a forum much larger than this one that would help.

Justin "RealFastV6"
                            1991 GMC Syclone
                            1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Working...
                            X