No announcement yet.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the search!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't agree more. I've been on here since 2004 and the main reason I've regularly used the site is for the search function. Years and years of others troubleshooting and problem solving is now gone for a facelift. It seriously makes no sense.
    '92 Black/Black Ty #2412
    12.81 @ 103
    Stock Turbo

Comment

Hello friends,
      I too haven't been able to do searches successfully since the new site was introduced.
      I find it confusing to navigate this site format to a large degree. I regularly peruse www.ford-trucks.com site and I can navigate over there with ease.
      It seemed that the 'flow' of our former site was more effective, and IMO, having all 'recent posts' at the main page was easiest way to see what was happening "at that moment" in time, currently.
      I haven't been able to find the "current postings" on this site since the site went online. I'm not a techie I admit, but I can fumble my way around and this new site hasn't helped me find my search queries at all.
      I commend you techies who administer this site for the challenges you regularly undertake so please don't think I'm bashing you as I truly am not. A new site introduction has to be a monumental challenge, well above my capability, so keep up the good work.
      However, if there is a member concensus drawn whether to keep the new site or revive the old site then I have to be selfish and ask for the old site to be returned (sorry). I feel I've lost all of the new posts, since the switch, already because I cannot find them anyway.
      I love this STYTY site and want to continue to use and benefit from the experience of those who have been here offering their expertise and knowledge.
      Best of luck with your update and site decisions.
      Merry Christmas to all...
      4.3 CPI, 4L60, Dana 44 3.73, ZQ8, Work-In-Progress

Comment

I am missing the old format as well and i would love to be able to search for trucks and their history. As well as the vast amount of info that is on this site... yet still unsearchable...
        Aaron T.
        Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
        http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

Comment

this has been ruined
          Sy #0535
          TBSS LME LS2
          non outlaw hardtop 911S
          911s 3.2 turbo
          75 3.2ss cab
          LS1 SS cam and spray
          LT1 355ci procharger
          LT1 WS6 383ci

Comment

I agree. The forum is ruined...
            Aaron T.
            Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
            http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

Comment

I have made a few posts and I keep getting an error. That coupled with the search problem I say go back if possible.
              Mike
              92 TY#0073
              93 TY#0965-SOLD!
              2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
              It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

I also have gotten errors posting and replying. Current posts do not show up in the "Latest Activity" tab. The Latest topics has the same post 3 times with 2 different time stamps, none of which show up in the "Latest Activity" tab.

Comment

This site could be booming right now and no one would know it. HA!
                  Mike
                  92 TY#0073
                  93 TY#0965-SOLD!
                  2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
                  It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

Working...
                  X