Syclone 1413 found and raced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syclone 1413 found and raced

Showed up at Sonoma last Wed. 98 to 99% stock. Only mods I could see was the removal of the stock air cleaner box and a round cleaner in its place???. Net gain of 0 IMHO. Also the exhaust was a single pipe. It did have the larger fined upper IC painted black. Brand?? Pristine otherwise inside and out. The owner also owns an Hellcat.

We raced twice. Since the Hellcat was also there his buddy drove the Sy. Never raced before. Left way early in time trials so no numbers and I had him early in eliminations but his time on that one was 13.728 @ 99.82

Very nice truck. Sounded good.

The owner lives in Hollywood. He's an actor staring in a movie being shot up here in Petaluma. Petaluma was made famious in the movie American Graffiti. In the end they're racing and there is a crash. I drive on that road every trip to the track. How's that for trivia.

No pictures unless you want me to cut and paste a stocker in from somewhere...

I can probably get more info if needed for the database.

Both nice folks.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.

Re: Syclone 1413 found and raced

IIRC, the stock inlet to the airbox is very restrictive.

That one guy flow tested it, that and other items, stock air box, cross over tube etc.
    7.609 1/8,, 12.08 1/4 ,Syclone
    12 port aluminum headed, turbocharged ,EFI inline 6 cylinder.
    Someday

Comment

Originally posted by It's just a six View Post
      IIRC, the stock inlet to the airbox is very restrictive.

That one guy flow tested it, that and other items, stock air box, cross over tube etc.
      I imagine it is but it just seems to me, assuming keeping the orig xover, he's just trading restriction for hot engine compartment air.

Way back I think I mentioned it would be interesting to put a vac gauge on the xover of a stock Sy. Go full throttle see what you get.

Anyway, always nice to see another Sy or Ty at the track. Very rare occurrence up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Don W. View Post
        Petaluma was made famious in the movie American Graffiti. In the end they're racing and there is a crash. I drive on that road every trip to the track. How's that for trivia.
        Spent a lot of time there...it's where my in-laws last lived (up to 2013, prior to that, Novato). Cool little place and the revitalized downtown area is nice. I frequented Aqus Cafe on H street, by the water. www.aquscafe.com
        Steve
        TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
        SY 1548 Sold '07
        TY 1237 Sold '12
        SY 1700 sold '14
        RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Actors name?
          I've got a few actor friends, but none are really the 'car' types.
          Chip
          Sonoma GT #15 Teal
          '91 Sonoma ext cab GT conversion

Comment

I own 1415 and 1405. Interesting
            Four Syclones, Two Typhoons, and a pretty new Sonoma GT.

Comment

Originally posted by fauXGT View Post
              Actors name?
              I've got a few actor friends, but none are really the 'car' types.
              The name I have is:

Leo Arroyo
              filmingscene(at)gmail.com

He's the director. I've emailed him to see if he'll get me the owners name.

Comment

Originally posted by Don W. View Post
                It did have the larger fined upper IC painted black. Brand??
                I'm guessing it was an old ATR intercooler. Did it look like this?
                1991 Syclone #2542 (sold)
                1995 Subaru Impreza (sold)
                1985 Monte Carlo SS (current car)

Comment

Originally posted by Syclones rock View Post
                  I'm guessing it was an old ATR intercooler. Did it look like this?
                  Yes.

Comment

Pretty cool. Interesting to find out which actor owns it. So, how did your truck run Don?
                    Syclone #380 71mm Turbo Fast XFI
                    Syclone #463 13k Original and Stock
                    Syclone #1385 Stock Turbo Class Competitor
                    '17 Civic Type R #965 AutoX and PDX
                    '16 S3 APR Stg 1 DD 12.03 @ 112

Comment

Originally posted by Vaders Sy View Post
                      Pretty cool. Interesting to find out which actor owns it. So, how did your truck run Don?
                      Have to say the truck is running pretty good, for me anyway. Average ET yesterday was 11.79. Best 11.73. Best 60' was 1.661 (lowered the tire pressure a bit to get it to hook.)

Comment

Sorry to bring back an old thread , but I just bought
                        #1413 Syclone . I bought it from a collector car dealer in
                        Simi Valley . Ca. They bought it from the actor Ali Ashfar who is from Iran. So itís suck a small world that I met this guy back in 2008 when I used to road race. He was sponsored by Subaru . Anyway , I paid 25k for the truck . It has 28k original miles . It had 2 owners . Very clean . It still had original tires which I changed right away . Truck felt like I was riding on bricks . But interior and paint was brand new . Truck had an ATR upper innercooler , 3 inch catback, shurflo hotwired pump, and
                        k&n filter on the stock plastic crossover intake . Checked the ecu and the label from the factory was still there , so it was obvious there was no chip. Checked the compression on each cylinder and lowest was 148 on cylinder 3 . The rest were all 150 exactly. Only problem is 4 days after I bought it on the 18th the turbo went bad . Had no boost and blue smoke when I got on it . The wheel was making noise . Turns out the nut on the compressor side was loose . Probably it killed the bearing or seals . Now Iíve got all kinds of parts coming . Already did plugs , wires , rotor , vacuum lines , egr delete, runner intercooler lines , better lower heat exchanger . Waiting on sport machines 3 inch downpipe , RPM stage 1 turbo , and a bunch or reliability parts from sports machine. Fuel pressure regulator . Etc . Also got a hold of turbo tweak and ordered a scanmaster 3 and 3 bar map sensor . Hopefully I can get this running smoothly and back on the road again. Used to have a GN in 2001 and this thing reminds me a lot of it .

Comment

Post up some engine pics if you can.
                          Four Syclones, Two Typhoons, and a pretty new Sonoma GT.

Comment

Working...
                          X