Looking for info on a 92 Ty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on a 92 Ty

Hi all, LOOOONNNG time member, still havent bought a typhoon. FInally have a spot in garage and Im considering one fairly close to me. Its been for sale for a while. Ive always followed SyTy so im familiar with what to look for. I see this has some pretty badly assemble cladding, obviously been painted. Does anyone have info or history on this Ty? Built motor, Precision 51 turbo, 4L80E.
    Thanks.
    Apparently I cant attach photos
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Typhoo...3:pf:0&vxp=mtr
    Still no Ty.

Its #1517. Not much comes up searching here other than its probably alwsy been a CO truck and at one time had no drivetrain. Wondering who built it up
    Still no Ty.

Comment

That truck looks to be in pretty decent condition. Are they selling for around that price now?
      Phil
      91 Syclone 2097
      92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
      93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

yes. appears ac and heating have been removed. missing some stuff and some interior damage. Too much of a track car for me.
        Still no Ty.

Comment

Modified trucks can be fun. They can be made into very quick vehicles. But they come at a very large cost. For me, the cost of mods plus the labor involved in doing the work and keeping the truck running on the modifications is just not worth it.

You probably would enjoy ownership of a near stock truck much more.
          Phil
          91 Syclone 2097

Comment

Originally posted by wildphil View Post
            Modified trucks can be fun. They can be made into very quick vehicles. But they come at a very large cost. For me, the cost of mods plus the labor involved in doing the work and keeping the truck running on the modifications is just not worth it.

You probably would enjoy ownership of a near stock truck much more.
            tasteful mods. maybe the disc brakes, lowered, a few bolt ons. I knew this one sounded to good to be true. and that cladding. ugh. Did Helen Keller put it on?
            Still no Ty.

Comment

Yes, the mods you mention will be good. The cladding does need a bit of work. Be patient and you will find what you are looking for.
              Phil
              91 Syclone 2097

Comment

Working...
              X