NEW GMC Syclone Conversion Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW GMC Syclone Conversion Kit

I apologize if this is a repost. Seems decent, the only thing that pisses me off is that this is a 2WD/4WD conversion, it's not AWD. That misses a core piece in my opinion.

Everyone loves the 1991 GMC Syclone, the all-wheel drive turbocharged six-cylinder muscle truck that was only sold in one coloróblack. Well itís back, unofficially, through a tuner shop as a 455 horsepower supercharged conversion of the 2019 GMC Canyon pickup.

455 hp is a fuqn joke compared to today's trucks...needs to be in the 700hp range to say the least.
    10.4@127mph-stock ECM
    542 rwhp/ 608 Torque. PTE 67-V6.
    E85-TT-408"-AWD/4L80e under construction...

Comment

So it's not Turbo, and it's not AWD.

Nailed it.
      Justin "RealFastV6"
      1991 GMC Syclone
      1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Originally posted by RealFastV6 View Post
        So it's not Turbo, and it's not AWD.

Nailed it.
        HAHAHA I thought the same thing! Why wouldn't they put the twin turbo V6 from the ATS-V in it?

I'm so done with GM... this company completely shit the bed after the buyout and with the exception of the Corvette and the V-series caddys, there's yet to be any vehicle under the GM brand to come out in the last 10+ years that I'd even consider buying.... All the cars look like rebadged Buicks, and I dunno what they're trying to accomplish with the trucks... Then this absolute shitshow of a marketing campaign with these commercials of people acting like they've never heard of Chevy, or worse, the "buick??? where??? that's not a buick..." commercials... just awful. Now they're going to insult us with a ridiculous 40k "upgrade" and call it a Syclone? hahaha. Shit... I'd rather spend 40k on an old muscle car, and dump another 22k into it fixing it up. At least that would retain its value... this thing NEVER will.
        1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
        1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Comment

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this combination. There really isn't much that resembles the original truck IMO other than the black paint. The extended cab, no turbo, no awd and no cladding doesn't really scream Syclone to me. It's cool that it has a power adder with the SC but 455hp these days is still ankle biter status. On top of that they decide to make 100. Should really just be called Sucklone.
          '92 Black/Black Ty #2412
          12.44 @ 109.5
          20g14cm stock converter shit 60ft

Comment

The truck is ok, but the concept suxs. It feels like the name and graphics were stolen to make a weak project seem legitimate. It's early, but I see no imagination, no excitement, no R&D and no budget. It does nothing to honor the original. It may, in fact, cheapen it.
            V~
            Sy 1264 • SoGT 264 • 93 Ty 076796 Bravada • Where's Ty 2264?

Comment

While i would agree gm hasnt done much right since getting bailed out, this really has nothing to do with them. That specialty Co. bought the legal rights to the syclone branding and can do with it as they please. Pretty bad imo, but could of been even worse. All about the $$ nothing and noone is original anymore..
              03 arrival blue SSS
              sy1373
              sy2557 sold in 04

Comment

SVE says they may bring back the Typhoon too.

https://www.motor1.com/news/347838/s...-chevy-blazer/
                V~
                Sy 1264 • SoGT 264 • 93 Ty 076796 Bravada • Where's Ty 2264?

Comment

Working...
                X