"Phoon" 1993 TY 0935

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phoon" 1993 TY 0935

On Sept 28 2015 I picked up 93 TY 0935 (Phoon as my black truck is already called Ty) in Abilene TX, at the time I was told the motor had been rebuilt and just needed finishing up the installation. Yeah so not the case also some cladding was damaged the drivers side rear to kick panels needless to say it needed some work and I figured it would make a good project.

Started off by tearing the "rebuilt" motor down and sent the block to the machine shop of course they measure it and recommended bore it .030 over decking the surface and line boring the the mains and turning the crank 10/10 plus forge pistons. This project got off track from the beginning I only wish I would've put eagle rods in to it at this point but at the time was tying to stick to something of a budget. I built the motor with probe forged pistons stock rods and crank 412 comp cam found some L35 heads with screw in rockers used comp cams self aligning roller tip rockers hardened push rods Alex's springs and retainers.

My goal was to keep it close to stock as I plan to drive it on weekends to shows and car runs and the such. I also added ARP head studs and misc Arp hardware fluidampr harmonic balancer powdercoating most parts ceramic coating the exhaust manifolds and crossover pipe. Rebuilt the whole front suspension upper and lower control arm bushings upper and lower ball joint new cv axels Eric Tinns posi front axel. might as well ad a 3k stall converter deeper trans pan and cooler while the motor is out right? Solid motor mounts Jeep steering shaft all the typical upgrades.

Cleaned and repainted the frame etc etc.... I've been slowly working on this thing for almost 2 years and am about to drop the motor in to place and reassemble the front end then change the fuel pump get everything wired/ hooked up order a turbo tweak chip and hopefully get it running by the end of summer if I dont take a 2nd part time job first LOL I will keep adding more pics and listing more parts I've used as I think of them.
    Attached Files

Re: "Phoon" 1993 TY 0935

Good stuff!
    IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

Got the motor back in Phoon transmission bolted up solid motor mount tightened upfront diff installed got the grounds on the rear of the heads bolted down I actually made a few jumper wires to tie all the grounds together hoping to avoid any issues with those!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1656475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1656476
      Last edited by NM_TY_Guy; 05-26-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

lookin good. Nice and clean
        92 Typhoon #999 SEE 10.27 RUN http://youtu.be/Pw6YKBEBfu4
        91 Syclone #788 SEE 10.22 RUN https://youtu.be/IhXj12U06oQ
        91 Syclone #2891
        WWW.AUTOADDICTIONSINC.COM
        WWW.MYAUTOADDICTIONS.COM

Comment

Got some work done on the front suspension and brakes as well as all the vacuum lines ran got the ac compressor mounted and the alternator radiator and fan shroud in place as well as the transmission cooler mounter and plumbed ordered a Turbo tweak chip and am hoping to get her running soon ��

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1656505

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1656506

Comment

Making some progress I removed the rear leveling system along with the wiring as it was not being used any more and ran my Hot wire kit for the fuel pump in place of that wiring. I cleaned the entire frame and repainted everything. I also removed the rear axel and springs and replaced them with Beltec lowering springs painted the shocks and rear cover to match all the other red. I ran new brake lines to the Camaro rear disc set up. I still need to figure out the parking brakes. I also installed the sportmachine lower dual pass water to air cooler and worked on various little things under the hood.

Comment

Name:	image1.jpeg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1859433Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1859434Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpeg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1859435Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpeg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1859432

Comment

Been attempting to get this thing to start up the past couple weekends had no fuel pressure at first tracked that to a miseries fuel pump which was an easy fix that entailed a lot of work then we pushed it out of the garage to attempt to fire it and it had no brakes what so ever but since it was out there already we decided to fire it up and get the timeing set and at least make sure everything else would work and it actually fired up easily we set timer by and ran it in a bit allowing it to reach temp found a couple small water leaks so we will address a few more issues before we can put it on the road and do more tuning

Name:	5D71B6C8-499E-4049-BD0F-528385F96D89.jpeg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1859654

Comment

such a sweet bay you got there perfect color combo!

Comment

Working...
                  X