Sy#1784

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sy#1784

Well I though since I have the extra time I should set up a projects page for my syclone. I have been looking at these truck since my senior year of high school, but thought I would never be able to afford one, $12,000 to a high schooler is almost unthinkable. But this year when I saw my syclone for sale I knew I had to try, so I put my chevelle up for sale and it sold within a week. Valentines day and drove out to French camp that night to pick up my syclone ( I HAD a understanding girlfriend ). The car had been sitting outside for about a year before I got the truck so I have my work cut out for me. The plan is to get it to the point to where I can drive it reliably a couple times a week and it run low 12's maybe High 11's in the 1/4 mile. I'm trying to do this whole project on a budget because I have to start saving for a apartment soon, but I'm finding that to be a challenge .

The truck was equipped with the whole Kenne Bell stage one, ( I took the chip out don't worry ) and came with a extra block, crank, 4bolt end caps, stock chip, mufflerless 3" exhaust with 3" cat, Blown piston rings and a million Black Widows.

So here is what I have done/have planned for the truck so far,
    Wideband (LC-1)
    Colbalt boost gauge
    3 bar MAP/ also have a 2 bar
    Walbro fuel pump
    MSD distributor
    MSD coil
    Taylot wires
    NGK spark plugs
    New gas tank
    RPM A2A
    Vortech BOV
    Flex a light mechanical fan.
    B&M trans cooler
    Battery relocation
    All new engine sensors
    deeper tranny pan with drain plug
    catless 3" exhaust with borla XR1 muffler (off stock down pipe)
    ABS delete
    A/C delete
    George Blakes front shaft
    Upgraded steering shaft
    Typhoon side mirrors
    Beltech front and rear swaybars
    Beltech drop springs (without overload springs)
    Beltech 1" drop block
    Set back plates
    CBR Battle Bars
    CBR Corvette brackets (not installed)
    C5 Z06 front and rear brakes (also not installed)
    C5 wagon wheels powder coated black
    Turbo time front coil overs
    Custom door panels (By Jerry Arendell)
    RPM stage one turbo
    I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting... oh ya and what ever weight loss I can find!

As for the engine....

Take out the stock block, install .030 over TRW forged pistons, L35 rods, comp 412 cam, 2.02 valves and minor port job by me. But other then that the engine will be stock.

here are some pictures of the truck.

the day I got it

I drove it like that...

the only rust!

here is a before and after of cleaning up the cladding

And here is after a couple bottles of Back to black

The motor in it's current state.

Last edited by ChevelleDude71; 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM. Reason: change in build
    Sean

Syclone # 1784 - sold in 2008
    Syclone # 0829 - All stock..... for now

Re: Sy#1784

i see a lot of dirt, if your going that far, please, for me, use a toothbrush and clean the hell out of that bay
    Nice looking project truck, I want to get into something similar sometime soon. For now ill be happy with the 3 Phoons >.<
    93Ty 1205
    Messin around in the beast
    1205 eats lightnings
    93Ty 0881 Be ALERT, WILL be up For Sale within 2 months (13kobo)
    93 W/G
    93 Ty 1130(will be BLUE soon!)
    93 W/W soon to be B/G
    93 Ty 0099(i got parts FS)
    92 Ty 2025 SOLD N SSTTOOLLEN
    92 Ty 1313(wrecked/parted/GY)
    91 Sy 0342(stolen/GY)
    86 Ae86 Treuno Corolla (under construction)

<--I miss you Dood~

Comment

Trust me when the motor is out I will be detailing the engine compartment, you have no idea how much it bugs me having dirt and spider webs everywhere. I'm jealous you have three, I want a typhoon as a DD so bad ( my work is 3 miles from home ).
      Sean

Comment

Looks like your on the right track mod wise and the truck looks like it needs some tlc but has plenty of potential.. good luck man
        03 Cobra, 88 Mustang, Sy1485(sold), 93 Ty(sold
        87GN(sold), 86 t-top GN(sold), 91 Mustang(sold)

Comment

Look at those before and after shots! BACK TO BLACK OWNZ!!
          Steve
          TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
          SY 1548 Sold '07
          TY 1237 Sold '12
          SY 1700 sold '14
          RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Sean has come by my house a few times to take a peak at my truck. He is a cool guy. Sorry I kept you there so long last time. felt like I could BS with you for hours.
            Ahhh....first time seeing the SY. I see why you got it so cheap. But in the long run yours still will be cheaper then mine when its done. I still have a few stock parts left over you can have. LMK if you need anything.
            I would like to help when you need it. I know the inner workings of these trucks good now. Just get rid of the spiders first.
            Syclone #411 Looking for 11's soon
            built top end, stock bottom. rpm A2A, rpm stage 2 turbo, razor alky, 50# inj., George Blake 4L80E.....
            1/4 mile time soon.

mods

If you take anything I say seriously...you are a new to this forum. :bs:
            R.I.P. 614 :myclone: syty will never be the same

Comment

Wow Sean, sounds like you've done a lot since we last spoke. Where did you purchase your truck again? I still can't believe their are 2 syclones in Livermore now. I had to fly half way across the country to get my truck and then drove it back. No plates, tags, nothin, and somehow it got me home as well as a rat's nest on the tranny and some other kind of bird/varment nest on the inside of a rim...don't know how both nests made it on a 3day 1500mile trip.
              Life's not fair, but you can be.

Comment

Originally posted by gjp
                Just get rid of the spiders first.
                No kidding, they slow up progress for sure. this one was on the inside of my passenger wheel. I soaked her in insect killer spray and this spider just acted liked is was getting a bath. I think I have killed most of them though.

Brian, I got my truck in French camp, it's just before stockton. Still kind of a farmish area, not like your house though, more like my buddies property behind your house. I have only seen two other syclones in livermore besides mine, one had all kinds of red striping on it and he was cruzing down Vasco, and yours of couse.
                Sean

Comment

Originally posted by ChevelleDude71
                  No kidding, they slow up progress for sure. this one was on the inside of my passenger wheel. I soaked her in insect killer spray and this spider just acted liked is was getting a bath. I think I have killed most of them though.

[URL:
                  When I lived in Cali, we had Black Widows. Found one around the pedals of my daughter's bike in the garage...sprayed it...and the damn thing climbed down off the bike, wiped the spray off on the cement floor, and climbed back up into its gnarly web.

Needless to say, you must deal with them physically.
                  Steve
                  TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
                  SY 1548 Sold '07
                  TY 1237 Sold '12
                  SY 1700 sold '14
                  RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Originally posted by ChevelleDude71
                    Brian, I got my truck in French camp, it's just before stockton. Still kind of a farmish area, not like your house though, more like my buddies property behind your house. I have only seen two other syclones in livermore besides mine, one had all kinds of red striping on it and he was cruzing down Vasco, and yours of couse.
                    So we've got a crue out here! Lets get to wrenching! I have since moved, live right off portola now. I've got that launch pad straight onto the 580 freeway now. If yours is runnin stop on by, if you need a DM scan or some old Sy shit!
                    Life's not fair, but you can be.

Comment

he can have my old sy stuff. LOL
                      I have to make a trip up there soon. When my Sy is running it will make a good test trip before I head up to the track. 2 Sy's in livermore and only one in San jose??
                      built top end, stock bottom. rpm A2A, rpm stage 2 turbo, razor alky, 50# inj., George Blake 4L80E.....
                      1/4 mile time soon.

mods

Comment

Originally posted by nello
                        So we've got a crue out here! Lets get to wrenching! I have since moved, live right off portola now. I've got that launch pad straight onto the 580 freeway now. If yours is runnin stop on by, if you need a DM scan or some old Sy shit!

If it is running! LOL that a good one, I'm actually shooting for the middle or end of summer, It will be ugly but it will run, sleeper status right?

I live a stones throw away from you, I'm down by Granada High, What happened to your old new house, it was huge!

What do you guys think? should I rebuild the Stock engine, or do the " Slightly Stronger " Build that will take more time and money?
                        Sean

Comment

So yesterday was a upward fight all day with getting the differential centered in the back and finding out that the Battle bars sit lower them my rim ( see pictures ) and getting every bolt out except one bell housing bolt that my buddy striped by trying to get it off with a 9/16 in stead of the 14 that it is..... So we are going to get destructive on that bolt and I will be replacing it. also I found that the engine mounts weren't that bad, but the fuel lines are a PITB. I will get more photos later tonight HOPFULLY WITH THE MOTOR NEXT TO THE TRUCK. I swear that my bosses Lincion navigator that I put a motor in was almost easer then this truck. here is a picture of what I had to do to get that 5.4L out of my bossed ugly ford.....

ya you are seeing that right!

The problem with lowering the back of a Syclone 5 3/8 inches with the battle bars is that they will hang lower then my 18" rims. So I'm going to ask chris what I can do, because I love how low it it right now, but I may put in a 2" block, and hope it will clear the rim, OR I will be getting Runflats.......$$$$

NOTE: the bars don't look adjusted but we did adjust them, the front of the truck is way up in the air in these photos.

Last edited by ChevelleDude71; 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling
                          Sean

Comment

Why do you want your syclone that low anyways?
                            2001 Chevy Suburban 4wd
                            1992 Typhoon- Sold

Comment

I have part numbers for the fuel lines if you want to make your own. rpm sell some nice ones too. wow your truck must be low. told you these trucks are fun.
                              1/4 mile time soon.

mods

Comment

Working...
                              X