Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

    Is there an estimate when the complete units will be ready to ship? I'm doing a full coilover conversion soon and it would be nice to do this job at the same time.

    Comment


    • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

      MIWe are having a hard time getting the correct cores. We thought we had five but they were all 3.73 gears. And then the flange is the other issue. Most have the u joint style so we had to source that as well. I should have another core this weekend and will hopefully get the correct flanges with it. Thanks for your patience. Here is Dave'so assembled unit.
      Last edited by fivetodrive; 05-06-2016, 08:48 AM.
      Aaron T.
      Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
      http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

      Comment


      • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

        When you gonna update that I paid and picked mine up foo?? Lol!!!
        Paul Z.

        sigpic
        1991 Syclone # 2130. Black/Black. Built stock block, Nolan custom cam, Brodix heads with EFI converted carb intake, PTE 6466 Gen 2, PTE front mount A/A intercooler, Built 4L80e, DaveP Holley Dominator install with DIS, etc.
        1993 Typhoon #1309. Black/Argent. Stockish.

        Comment


        • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

          Originally posted by fivetodrive View Post
          We are having a hard time getting the correct cores. We thought we had five but they were all 3.73 gears. And then the flange is the other issue. Most have the u joint style so we had to source that as well. I should have another core this weekend and will hopefully get the correct flanges with it. Thanks for your patience. Here is Dave'so assembled unit.

          That's fine Aaron....I can be the last on the list to receive my complete unit. I have not seen my truck since last November since it had been restored. I hope that the drain plug idea is still in effect like I asked about in the beginning....
          "IF women don't find you handsome at least they can find you handy, but I guess I got best of both worlds I'm told"

          Build #1917 blk/blk

          Comment


          • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

            Originally posted by fivetodrive View Post
            We are having a hard time getting the correct cores. We thought we had five but they were all 3.73 gears. And then the flange is the other issue. Most have the u joint style so we had to source that as well. I should have another core this weekend and will hopefully get the correct flanges with it. Thanks for your patience. Here is Dave'so assembled unit.
            Ok cool. Thanks for the update. I like the drain plug idea too.

            Comment


            • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

              Hi Aaron,

              That's one good looking diff Has it shipped yet?

              thanks
              Dave

              92 Typhoon # 0138 blk/blk
              93 Typhoon # 0205 wht/wht
              93 Typhoon # 1375 wht/grey

              Comment


              • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                Originally posted by 1BADV6 View Post
                Hi Aaron,

                That's one good looking diff Has it shipped yet?

                thanks
                I am trying to figure out the best way to ship it. I am thinking I need to get a plastic tub I just dont trust the cardboard box. Its a long way to PA...

                Originally posted by atkonkler View Post
                I hope that the drain plug idea is still in effect like I asked about in the beginning....
                John figured it out!

                Aaron T.
                Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
                http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

                Comment


                • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                  Originally posted by fivetodrive View Post
                  MIWe are having a hard time getting the correct cores. We thought we had five but they were all 3.73 gears. And then the flange is the other issue. Most have the u joint style so we had to source that as well. I should have another core this weekend and will hopefully get the correct flanges with it. Thanks for your patience.
                  I thought 3.73 and 3.42's were the same, its the 3.08's that are different.

                  the flange should be the standard flange used on Astros.

                  When I was doing all of my research a couple years back on t-cases and front diffs, every Astro/Safari diff I saw had the "SyTy" flange on it, where as the 92+ T-Series had the u-joint flange.

                  Basically you could conclude that the Astro drivetrain was a direct swap in for a Syclone, and the Typhoon got the same, except with a 92+ Bravada case.

                  (there are 2 different t-case flanges too, look the same but have 2 different diameters.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                    Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
                    I thought 3.73 and 3.42's were the same, its the 3.08's that are different.

                    the flange should be the standard flange used on Astros.

                    When I was doing all of my research a couple years back on t-cases and front diffs, every Astro/Safari diff I saw had the "SyTy" flange on it, where as the 92+ T-Series had the u-joint flange.

                    Basically you could conclude that the Astro drivetrain was a direct swap in for a Syclone, and the Typhoon got the same, except with a 92+ Bravada case.

                    (there are 2 different t-case flanges too, look the same but have 2 different diameters.
                    The concern is John is supplying complete swap out diffs to some customers with the Torsen unit installed. So he needs the correct gears, flange, etc. I sent John a disassembled Typhoon diff with just the parts that he needed.
                    Dave

                    92 Typhoon # 0138 blk/blk
                    93 Typhoon # 0205 wht/wht
                    93 Typhoon # 1375 wht/grey

                    Comment


                    • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                      Originally posted by 1BADV6 View Post
                      The concern is John is supplying complete swap out diffs to some customers with the Torsen unit installed. So he needs the correct gears, flange, etc. I sent John a disassembled Typhoon diff with just the parts that he needed.
                      oh I gotcha, people are sending in 3.73's but that doesn't help when you need the gears

                      Comment


                      • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                        Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
                        oh I gotcha, people are sending in 3.73's but that doesn't help when you need the gears
                        I don't think the customers are supplying anything, John and Aaron are finding cores and building diffs from them with the Torsen units installed. Seems the five cores they have gotten have the wrong gears and flanges.
                        Dave

                        92 Typhoon # 0138 blk/blk
                        93 Typhoon # 0205 wht/wht
                        93 Typhoon # 1375 wht/grey

                        Comment


                        • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                          Yes we were excited that they had an all you can carry day at the yard so we pulled 5 diff's. ONE was with 3.42 gears one had 4.10 and the rest with 3.73's... So much for the good deal...
                          Aaron T.
                          Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
                          http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

                          Comment


                          • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                            Hey guys what are you running for diff fluid with you lsd?

                            Comment


                            • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                              Redline shockproof lightweight
                              Aaron T.
                              Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
                              http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

                              Comment


                              • Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

                                Team Aaron.Thanks for the hard work.Mine blew in Friday nite.(the extra funds went out Monday)You've done a great service for the syty guys.Now it's time to turn up the power and see what a built 4l80 circle D lockup and a front diff on LSD can do for a little ty...I can see turbo LS in the future now.Again thanks thom

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X