Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

You are so welcome. Been having shitty luck with the cores. The last 2 have been bad. One with a chipped tooth on the ring gear and another with a mismatched case. It sure makes it frustrating for all that are waiting. Sorry but it will be worth it...
    Aaron T.
    Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa99a8e26.gif

Comment

• Re: Group purchase Torsen type front limited slip differential - COLLECTING DEPOSITS

Originally posted by fivetodrive View Post
      You are so welcome. Been having shitty luck with the cores. The last 2 have been bad. One with a chipped tooth on the ring gear and another with a mismatched case. It sure makes it frustrating for all that are waiting. Sorry but it will be worth it...
      I appreciate the update Aaron. Thanks for taking the extra time to make sure the cores are good!!

Comment

We want them to be perfect. If anyone has seen John's truck you will appreciate his attention to detail. He carries this to building these front ends.

I also keep getting John mad at me. The last 2 cores have spilled gear oil in the back of his truck... I guess I owe him another lunch at Popeye's ��
        Aaron T.
        Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy

Comment

Just a question without searching.
          I know that the casings are different, but are the differentials and gear sets the same from the later Blazers/Jimmys/S10's?

Comment

The later ones have the cv style axles. So we haven't pulled any of them...
            Aaron T.
            Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy

Comment

Got mine today, will be in tonight!
              Syclone
              14 performance blue focus st

Comment

I received my complete assembly last week.....very nice work gentlemen!

Thanks for providing this awesome part for the community

Comment

I have been waiting to see how this purchase was going to turn out. I am still wondering if I sent you my Stock Typhoon diff, 1400.00 dollars, what would the turnaround time be. I am prepared to send both if not made to wait a ridiculous time frame. PM me please.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Now that we have all of the tooling the only delay is the cryo treating which takes an entire week. And shipping from the distributor which takes another 4-5 days.

So the turnaround will be less than three weeks. I will have more cores the week of September 11th so it may be quicker
                    Aaron T.
                    Syclone #1084 AKA Crispy

Comment

Has anyone been testing these?
                      Build is srp pistons, eagle rods ,4 bolt caps,vortechs 2.02 .1.60 ,1.5 roller rockers, gtq67 turbo, 75# inj,415 cam ,mccoy a2a and new tune by phill long also waller trans,caltracs,greendots,Msd Dig 6 with 2 step, Best times so far 1.42 60ft!!!!! 6.783 at 99.56mph
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/cloneman315

Comment

Originally posted by cloneman315 View Post
                        Has anyone been testing these?
                        I have had mine in for a month or so. It works excellent. No more torque steer, and the truck pulls straight and true with no drama.
                        sigpic1991 Syclone 2373, With a few mods

Comment

How about actual et track times etc
                          Build is srp pistons, eagle rods ,4 bolt caps,vortechs 2.02 .1.60 ,1.5 roller rockers, gtq67 turbo, 75# inj,415 cam ,mccoy a2a and new tune by phill long also waller trans,caltracs,greendots,Msd Dig 6 with 2 step, Best times so far 1.42 60ft!!!!! 6.783 at 99.56mph
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/cloneman315

Comment

Originally posted by cloneman315 View Post
                            How about actual et track times etc
                            I haven't gone to the track since the install. I also did front coil overs and the JSM three link rear at the same time, so it may be hard to put a number on the difference that the diff makes. I want to go to the track some time in the not so distant future and see what kin of 60 times I can get.
                            sigpic1991 Syclone 2373, With a few mods

Comment

Are these still available? Would love a complete 3.08 unit if possible.
                              My fourth SyTy:
                              92 Black Ty, Vortecs, PTE67GTQ, 415 cam, Atr headers, John Waller 700r, McCoy A2A, e85, Holley Efi, Ls1 brakes front/rear, Zr1 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dionne View Post
                                Are these still available? Would love a complete 3.08 unit if possible.
                                The numerically lower 3.08 gears use a different series carrier I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X