Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI Raspberry Syclone #0187

Asking $9,000

I bought Razzy three years ago and was wanting to get back into the SyTy world. Unfortunately, life interfered with that plan. I've only driven it 360 miles since March 2013 (most of that was going to/from Homecoming 2014). Due to even more of life getting in the way, I'd rather have the money than the truck at this point.

More big pics at http://syclone.invisibill.net/razzy2016/.

http://www.sportmachines.com/members...p?truckid=3882
    This was originally an Ohio truck. It was purchased with 200,000+ miles by Harmon and his wife. He drove it back to Florida and they completely tore down and restored the truck, as documented at RazzSyclone. Built By a Chick. There are 400+ posts in that thread that will tell and show you more about the truck's restoration than I can. http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...on/mandi%20sy/ is Mandi's album from the resto, if you want to skip the words and just look at pics.

Highlights:
    • Painted WA-9928 Metallic Raspberry, used as a test color on 3 Typhoons
    • Engine block painted to match, lots of black wrinkle on the rest of the underhood parts
    • Frame/underside POR15-ed
    • Engine, transmission, transfer case, shafts, rear differential all rebuilt/replaced
    • Stockish engine - L35 heads, Speed-Pro Power(?) pistons
    • Was told it had a 20G turbo, but it looks stock to me (expect stock, but you might be pleasantly surprised)
    • Ultimate chip, "radar detector" mounted in glovebox
    • Flex-a-Lite electric fans
    • MSD Street Fire coil
    • Solid steering shaft
    • Larger intercooler CCHE with Shurflo pump and rubber hoses
    • 2" lowering blocks
    • Steel 2" cowl hood
    • Hood struts (to replace prop rod)
    • H4 conversion headlights, Altezza taillights, clear corner lenses
    • Typhoon mirrors (power mirrors not adapted, just the sleeker external mirrors)
    • Sliding rear window
    • Black plastidipped stock wheels

After getting a few quotes on how much it would cost to restore #1456, I stumbled upon the old ad to sell Razzy. I found out it was still for sale, bought it sight unseen (though there was obviously lots of documentation of the rebuild here), and had it shipped up to Michigan.

As Harmon told me, it's not quite 100% complete. How much more needs to be done on it depends on how picky you are about little things. A lot of the plastic interior trim pieces aren't installed, but they're included. The AC and blower box are included, but not currently installed (didn't need the heater in FL and managed to survive without the AC). There is a second 3" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler included. I have my ROH "Impala" wheels on it in my pics, but the dipped stockers from the Harmons' pics will be what it's sold with. There's a loose ECM ground or something, so it occasionally "misses". After sitting so long, it might need a new battery.

I purchased it with 236,720 miles on the odometer. I was told all the rebuild stuff happened ~50 miles before I bought it. It currently reads 237,079 miles.

I added silver die-cut logo decals from Stickerbomb.

The left rear corner got hit a little before I bought it. The right eyebrow broke off in transit, and I noticed the right rear corner was a little broken, so I bought all three replacement cladding pieces NOS from Sportmachines. Dave isn't too far from me and said he could get them painted for me, but it's one more thing I still haven't gotten around to. I have a small can of leftover paint from the resto (I'm not sure how long it keeps) and Dave told me he could mix more up too.

(Right corner not pictured)

Here are a couple pics from Homecoming. I wasn't really trying to take pics of my own truck, but here's proof it can actually go places.

It's in front of all those other SyTy's. It must be faster than them.

You can see the upgraded hood hinges and struts (and excessively open engine bay) here.

If you're looking for an all-original low-mileage truck, this is not for you. If you're looking for a show queen ready to be trailered to the next meet, this is not for you. But if you don't mind putting in a bit of work to finish up the little things, this is a very nice looking truck with a lot of fresh parts that you won't feel bad about actually driving. The color on this truck really is beautiful. Depending on the lighting, it looks anywhere from hot pink to dark maroon (as you can see in the various pics). You'll take a bit of crap for driving a "pink" truck, but a lot of people at HC commented on how nice it actually looks in person. It's definitely not Barbie pink. And if you're a bit of a prick like me, being pink is just the icing on the cake when you serve up a typical SyTy smackdown.

I'm asking $9,000. I don't have any special hookups for transport, but I'll do what I can to help out long-distance people who are interested. If you're not from this area and would prefer if Dave did the new paint, I'm willing to work on getting that handled beforehand too.
    Last edited by InvisiBill; 06-16-2016, 06:56 PM. Reason: Added pics

Syclone 1456 - Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore
    Syclone 0187 - It's not pink! - For Sale
    The truck shudders. It seems to clench up against the brake. A hissing, whirring, hurting tornado of a sound builds under the black hood.

Re: Raspberry Syclone #0187

Not a bad looking color....it should sell fast. Well documented build!
    Last edited by spooldup; 06-15-2016, 07:47 PM.
    93 Royal Blue/Grey Ty #1716, 92 Raspberry/Raspberry Ty #1312
    93.5 Silver TT Supra, APU Auto 601rwhp 605ft-lbs @24psi 6300rpms
    98 RSP Supra build pending
    I sell zq8 quick ratio steering boxes here, www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33873

Comment

I remember getting my buddy to haul this up to you. Very unique truck with history. GLWS.
      1992 Teal/Gry #0641
      2004 GMC Envoy
      2008 Escalade
      2013 Kenworth T660 100" sleeper
      2001 Banshee, 2008 RZR 800
      2010 SeaDoo RXT-X
      2007 SeaDoo Islandia

Comment

Thats me rolling behind you in the rear view mirror pic! It was a neat truck to see in person!
        Brian
        '91 Sy 2368
        '93 Ty 1214
        '93 4dr Jimmy TT 5.3

Comment

I pulled her out of the garage and gave her a quick wash to get the dust and most of the bug splatters off. I took a bunch of pics, trying to highlight any of the problems with it (as well as just how nice the paint looks). I also got some shots of the extra parts, and one of the dipped stock wheels (currently holding 1456 up).

http://syclone.invisibill.net/razzy2016/ has 65 photos straight off my phone at 8MP.

After throwing the battery charger on overnight, I had no problems starting the engine a handful of times to move around the driveway. The battery is probably still ok.

The truck shudders. It seems to clench up against the brake. A hissing, whirring, hurting tornado of a sound builds under the black hood.

Comment

Please keep us updated if/when you sell the Sy. I'm interested but probably 2 months away from being serious.
            93 ty#1308 STOLEN...CHOPPED...TOTALLED...
            91 Toyota MR2 Purgatori red money sucking vampire
            05 Dodge Ram SRT-10

Comment

I should pick this up and reunite the family lol..
              SY 2588-AutoX Stock,Coilovers,ATR pitbull
              SY-Mutant-Dunno abomination But I love it.
              Sy-2177-Beauty and the Beast. A2A,Code59,SSBC,2800 Stall

Comment

Neil that needs to be in your fleet
                Sy 1557, 92 Ty 2298
                Former sy/ty: Sy 2248,2649 SGT 419,632 93 Ty 0079,0127 92 Ty 0386, 2017
                70 Chevelle SS, 87 Buick turbo t
                02 Corvette Z06, 00 Camaro SS convertible
                03 Harley Wide Glide, 88 firebird formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Reboosted View Post
                  Please keep us updated if/when you sell the Sy. I'm interested but probably 2 months away from being serious.
                  At the very least, I'll post here when it sells. I've had a few people, both online and locally, express interest in it, but it's still in my garage. So far, this is the only place I've advertised it, with a link on Facebook. I'd much rather sell it to someone here or one of my car-guy friends, and don't really want to deal with Craigslist idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by neildemo View Post
                    I should pick this up and reunite the family lol..
                    Originally posted by blue83z View Post
                    Neil that needs to be in your fleet
                    I agree. =)

Comment

I will be headed to Steve Morris Next week and will stop by if still avail. Please pm me your address.
                      Thanks!
                      SY 2588-AutoX Stock,Coilovers,ATR pitbull
                      SY-Mutant-Dunno abomination But I love it.
                      Sy-2177-Beauty and the Beast. A2A,Code59,SSBC,2800 Stall

Comment

PM box is full

Comment

Originally posted by TyGuy18 View Post
                          PM box is full
                          Got it cleaned up now...

Comment

Will you be in Carlisle on Aug 5th? I'd love to check it out, very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TYGUY1 View Post
                              Will you be in Carlisle on Aug 5th? I'd love to check it out, very interested.
                              Nope, won't be making it out there.

I was a bit startled when this pic came up while seeing just how far away Carlisle was.

Comment

Working...
                              X