1992 Black/Black GMC Typhoon

70k original miles
    ATR Pitbull exhaust
    Perfect Launch diff cover
    ATR aux intercooler
    Johnson IC pump
    RPM Intake
    Bilstein Shocks
    BFG G-Force Tires. At least 75% tread left.

Jasper stock rebuilt engine (original engine is included - great for a project build! ).
    Rebuilt turbo
    Painted within the last 5 years. Wheels too.
    It has some sort of tune/chip but I don't know what it is.

The story:

So my cousin bought this truck from a "friend" of a friend. It was smoking when he bought it. You can see the threads I made back when he bought the truck originally. Basically he screwed him over and sold him a truck with bad piston rings.
    The intercooler was not hooked up at all and there was a dead shurflo pump in the trunk. My guess is someone was hot rodding the truck around not knowing the pump was dead and toasted the engine.

Anyway, with no other choice - having an entire new engine installed was the most practical and cost effective option. So that's what he did. The turbo was also leaking so he sent that off to be rebuilt as well. I've had it at my place for the past few weeks to get the intercooler hooked up and running and also a few other repairs. Body cladding had fallen off on the drivers side front. Repaired with 3M panel bond as per a "how tune" article. I've been driving it during that time and it has given me no problems. It stalled on me once after I went to the supermarket.

The seats are all in great condition with no rips or tears.
    No rust on the body anywhere.
    Car came from Texas at some point was bought in NJ and I believe was in PA before that.
    I didn't clean the engine bay because I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hide anything.

Known issues:

Dash pad is faded and cracked from the sun. (see pictures)
    General fading on door panels from the sun.
    Driver side door panel has a small crack.
    AC does not work. Most likely culprit is dry compressor seals.
    Body cladding should probably be reinforced in some spots but it is ALL there.
    Some small stone chips and a ding on the hood.
    Paint could use a good buffing.
    General surface rust on the frame.

I really wish I could keep this truck. It is so much fun to drive. It gets attention everywhere it goes. But I have too many cars lol

Truck is located in Staten Island NY
    Will drive a reasonable distance to meet you.
    PM me and I will give you my cell phone number.

SOLD

Last edited by TGO; 03-26-2018, 12:20 AM.

Re: [FOR SALE] 1992 Typhoon #2252

Comment

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9gvCTl_iTQ

Comment

Wow no interest?

Price is negotiable. ALL reasonable offers will be considered. It's a waste for this truck to be sitting with nobody driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by TGO View Post
          Wow no interest?

Price is negotiable. ALL reasonable offers will be considered. It's a waste for this truck to be sitting with nobody driving it.
          Limited audience here. Put it on eBay. GLWS....looks like a decent truck.
          Steve
          TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
          SY 1548 Sold '07
          TY 1237 Sold '12
          SY 1700 sold '14
          RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Originally posted by Baythan View Post
            Limited audience here. Put it on eBay. GLWS....looks like a decent truck.
            Thanks.

Yeah I was hoping to "keep it in the family" so to speak. Was hoping to find someone who would take good care of it and give it a good home. We are car people here. Even though I can't keep it and my cousin can't keep it we still don't want to just give it to some putz who will put it in a ditch.

I drove it for a few hours today running errands. No bubbles no troubles. Talked to a couple of people. One of which was a body shop owner who had a 93 of his own in his yard. Hopefully something will come of that.

That being said I think I'd do autotrader before ebay. Their fees are way too much.

Comment

SOLD

Comment

Just curious....what engine was put into it?
                Steve
                TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
                SY 1548 Sold '07
                TY 1237 Sold '12
                SY 1700 sold '14
                RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Originally posted by Baythan View Post
                  Just curious....what engine was put into it?
                  It's an OEM spec replacement from Jasper. 4.3L stock replacement.

Original engine is included with the car. Bad piston rings.

Comment

I've driven this truck and TGO has taken amazing care of it. The pictures really don't show how good condition the truck is in. I owned this very Typhoon 17 years ago and honestly it feels not very different from back then.

Comment

Bump.

SOLD

Comment

If you have it next February I'll take it. I HATE THOSE POSTS but damn, some great deals on SYTY's. My daughter is going to buy one on her 16th b-day next February. I thought about going back to stock on mine and letting her drive it but **** that.

This a really nice Ty, GLWS.
                        Mike
                        92 TY#0073
                        93 TY#0965-SOLD!
                        2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
                        It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

It's a good driver. I drove it for a few weeks over the summer to make sure the IC was working properly. I have no worries about driving it anywhere. Now I just take it to the car wash to clean it and see if anyone there is interested.

I can't go anywhere with this thing. People literally stop me in the street to talk about it. But nobody has the money to buy it!

If I still have it next FEB it's because I decided to keep it myself. LOL! I really can't though. I'd either have to sell my Z06 or my Impala SS and neither one of those is going anywhere.

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
                            X