Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s time to sell the Monster – Syclone # 2579

It’s time to sell the Monster – Syclone # 2579

First - Contact info. Matt @ (954) Four One Oh - 5139. Text or call ok.

Due to medical issues, I am going to have to finally part from the monster I have been building for many years now. It is very painful for me to let it go before I get it finished, but I imagine, by necessity, it will go to someone who can appreciate what I have been trying to do.

Please let me be clear up front: This truck is not for the faint of heart, wallet, or skill. This truck was being built to contend with Robert for title of Fastest AWD V6 Syclone. This is not a 10 second build. This is for someone (else) who is truly and seriously nuts. Oh, and wants A/C, a stereo, and overdrive to go with that power. The 76mm turbo on the truck is what we were going to use for “training wheels”. This setup is spec’d for an 88-91mm. I have run it out to the beginning of third a couple of times. Boost started at 12, crept to 14 through the run, and as it sits right now, it's a 10 second truck. At 14 lbs. It will make 28+. Think about that for a moment.

The truck has in excess of $112,000 (not a typo) invested, not including my own wrench time. Nearly everything on the truck is either custom, a prototype, or extremely expensive and/or hard to find. It is 90+% complete, runs, drives, and scoots really nicely for a baseline tune and just sitting on the wastegate spring.

Truck has approx. 500 miles on it since everything went together. I took it out about a month ago to go see a friend across town. Only real issue I had was badly flat spotted tires, and a bit of uncertainty about the reading on the fuel gauge. Needs a voltage check on the sending unit.

In order to get this truck moved. I am open to plans A, B, and if necessary, C.

A) I am asking $40,000 for the truck as it sits. This is by far my preferred method.
    B) I would consider selling the truck minus the trans, rear, and XFI for $30,000. If you have these pieces sitting around, this may be a more cost-effective option for you.
    C) If it absolutely comes to it, I will part it. This would break my heart, but my family and wallet have to come first on this one.

I will work with any serious buyers regarding pictures, video, inspections, and anything else. I'm not posting any now in case someone is looking to keep it a street sleeper and make a couple of bucks with it.

Mods are as follows (basic list, much more done. I KNOW I’m forgetting stuff):

311 cubic inch V6
    (This engine was originally built by John Waller. As the other two bowties that left his hands showed some issues, this engine was gone through thoroughly. Passed a leakdown and compression test, and we had both the heads and the pan off. No problems found. Finally, it was confirmed that there was a different machine shop that did the work to mine than to Jamie Hacking’s and the other motor Waller built.)
    Bowtie block, sonic wall checked before being machined
    Forged stroker crank
    Oliver Billet rods
    JE pistons, coated
    King bearings
    Parts cryo treated
    XFI 2.0 with traction control and data logging, individual EGT probes per cylinder, and TCI transmission control. Full Harness.
    E85 flex fuel sensor, allowing truck to run any combination of E85 and pump gas without changing programming
    BeCool 1000 hp setup

Custom hot and cold side turbo kit
    Precision Turbo GT4276RL DBB – 76mm turbo, hot side coated, cold side polished
    HKS GT II wastegate
    AMS 1000 with Dedenbear CO2 setup
    4” electric cutout on downpipe (frame notched to fit downpipe)

Rossler 4L80E with custom 2.10 1st/ 1.76 2nd gearset, automatic valvebody, and transbrake
    Precision 10.5” 3600 stall converter
    Fully built transfer case, including Prime Gears 5 pinion billet planetary and sun shaft
    Carbon fiber driveshaft, custom length for 4L80E
    Custom length 4L80E propshaft
    Custom rear end with Moser Fab 9 housing and GM quick change 3rd member (3.42 gear)
    Dual Trans coolers with fans

JS machine coil over kit
    Flex a form fiberglass springs
    Battle Bar traction bars
    QA1 single adjustable all around

MSD HVC II Coil
    MSD Pro Billet distributor
    MSD Digital 7 Programmable
    Firecore 50 wires

Magnefuel fuel pump (believe 4303, need to double check)
    Alky control custom single nozzle setup
    All braided stainless fuel line
    16 gallon fuel cell (bed mounted)
    5 gallon alky cell (bed mounted)
    PTE 95lb injectors (installed)
    Billet Atomizer 225 lb injectors (not installed, new in box)

Custom Aerospace components front brakes, and Aerospace Components rear brakes (4 piston all around)
    Sparco Flash 5 steering wheel with adapter
    Meziere electric water pump
    All billet aluminum pulleys
    ZQ8 quick ratio steering box
    JS Machine solid motor mounts
    Aluminum tubular Core support with custom fiberglass headlight buckets
    Aerospace components vacuum pump kit
    Powermaster 200amp alternator
    System 1 permanent cleanable oil filter, billet
    FireBottle 3 nozzle system (2 in engine bay, 1 in cab)
    16” BBS LM2 wheels
    Custom carbon fiber wiper cowl, as well as stock steel wiper cowl
    Custom carbon fiber tailgate (pin in, non-functional). Weighs *3* lbs. Not installed.
    Battery in sealed box (bed mounted)
    Custom wiring adding main disconnect, and laying out all relays and fuses on carbon fiber board
    A/C condenser relocated to bed floor, with 2 fans under pulling air

TRUCK NEEDS
    New Pin on hood (Shop cracked old one)
    Bed cover (old carbon fiber one destroyed when I tried to remove paint)
    New tires
    Dent in passenger side bed
    4 pieces of cladding replaced. I have three, just need to verify which.
    Paint
    Someone to double check AMS 1000 routing and program it
    Good tune (I can provide several XFI tuning recommendations if needed)
    Spare underwear
    Last edited by 420; 07-29-2019, 05:05 PM.
    72 Chevelle Convertible * 91 Syclone * 93 Mustang Coupe

"The proper answer to the age old question of "How much horsepower is enough?" is actually a mathematical equation, x+1, where the variable x is exactly how much horsepower you currently have."

Any Pics?
    SY 2588-AutoX Stock,Coilovers,ATR pitbull
    SY-Mutant-Dunno abomination But I love it.
    Sy-2177-Beauty and the Beast. A2A,Code59,SSBC,2800 Stall

Comment

GLWS. Also folks this is a lot of truck for the money that he is asking. Just trying to find or waiting on the parts that is in this build can drive you crazy not to mention half the time when the parts show up they have to be modified to fit.
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by proptop View Post
        GLWS. Also folks this is a lot of truck for the money that he is asking. Just trying to find or waiting on the parts that is in this build can drive you crazy not to mention half the time when the parts show up they have to be modified to fit.
        Bob
        Thanks Bob. Having already been down the road, and now knowing where I could have saved money, I will *PROMISE* this truck couldn't be duplicated for this price, or possibly double that. The long block (oilpan to intake) cost 18K by itself, no turbo setup, just engine. Hell, the Stef's oil pan was $1400 alone.

Neil - I'm sharing pics with people who are showing serious interest. This setup is 1 of a kind, and easily identified by current exterior, engine bay, or bed contents. I want to make sure the buyer has the option of keeping the truck's potential in his back pocket, and go out and try to hustle a few people with an old V6 pickup truck

"The proper answer to the age old question of "How much horsepower is enough?" is actually a mathematical equation, x+1, where the variable x is exactly how much horsepower you currently have."

Comment

By the way, I realized I neglected a couple of important details. It's evenfire, so it won't rattle the fillings out of your teeth. Also, the heads are ported 23* bowtie heads.

Comment

Working...
          X