Announcement

Collapse

Dog House Members & Alumni Updated 6/20/13

sonomagt288
Rehoboth, MA 02769

Ripped off member, never sent payment for parts received. Will not respond to PM's, emails or calls. Do not deal with this member, buying or selling.

-----------------------------------------

RenegadePete379
Miami, FL

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83340

Seller has been less than accurate in his descriptions of parts he's selling. 5 members of this forum have been dissatisfied with the items they have received or never received them at all. A member of another forum has also been scammed for a large sum of money. This user is currently under investigation by his local authorities. It is strongly advised not to deal with this member under any circumstances.

SonomaGTlover - Jon Rust - Mirrado Graphics
O'fallon, IL

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44994

Jon was selling vinyl decal kits as well as electric fan mounts to forum members and collected money for items he never delivered.
This is the second time Jon has fallen excessively behind on his commitments to the SyTy community.
At this time we do not recommend placing any orders with Mirrado Graphics or Jon directly until all of those who have yet to receive their orders are satisfied.

CKEITH
Sells junk parts with fake receipts for performance parts, people think they are getting performance parts, but end up with junk. Also makes garbage aluminum radiator supports which break and case hundreds of dollars in damage. Do not purchase anything from this seller!

Grant Webb /11secTy
Thread 1
Thread 2
Sold a box of junk to a board member, took to long to ship and lied about shipping method.

Bill Hardifer / Syclone2882 a.k.a. gt67sy
Ripped off Board Member. Do Not Deal With *Finalized*

Mark Pettograsso / mpettograsso
Thread 1
Sold parts to a member, shipped half and has yet to ship the remaining parts. Multiple contacts made with no response.

Lannon Quintana / flyntyphoon69
Offers to buy parts, then backs out. Ignores PMs. Has had multiple shady deals go down. Do Not Deal With.

Joe Nelson of Everett, WA (eBay ID is "nwminitrucks")
Threatens sellers after he screws up. Owns a Typhoon.

Eric Mack / carpethead10 a.k.a. turboblue
Bought items and payed with paypal. As soon as item was shipped, Eric recalled his paypal payment, therefore recieving the item for free. * DO NOT DEAL WITH.
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33975

Will Robbins / SY#2910 a.k.a. BigWillie a.k.a. FLYN_BRICK a.k.a. Syclone0565 a.k.a. John B. Nesbeth
Sold multiple items including a bad turbo and an incomplete non-working alky kit and failed to reconcile with either buyer, claiming its not his fault. * DO NOT DEAL WITH.
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35022
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35038

Michael Tibedeau / HotRodV6 / FirstGensForever
9351 Youngstown Place
Humble, TX 77396
(Possible current address as of 10/13)
7011 W Parmer Ln Apt 912
Austin,TX 78729-6954
firstgensforever@gmail.com
sytyspeedshop@gmail.com
HotRodV6@aol.com
AIM = HotRodV6
Phone 281-441-1258
Mobile 281-687-4168
Other 936-649-2334 (phone number Mike has listed on Craigslist as of 10/13)

LS1 eBrake setups
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46412
Opened GP on 2/15/07
Collected over $2000 from syty.net members plus more from members of other online forums who have come here looking for answers as well.
Mike is claiming the hold up is on teh cables but has yet to ship bracket only orders or refund money to those sick of waiting.
As of 8/5/07 not one order has been completed or refunded.
It is not recommended to deal with this individual until he rectifies this situation.

Chris Conadian / FLYNSUV
17555 via Valencia
San Lorenzo, CA 94580
(510) 755-3212

Multiple members out of money including wicked, goalie29 and odium who received faulty parts from user "FLNSUV". This guy has had a few other shady deals go down and doesn't return emails, PM's, or phone calls.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26770&page=2&pp=15
Another member saw the posting above and had this to add:

Keith Mease - South Jersey / Philly area - MPE, MPE Performance Fabrication
Has ripped off/scammed dozens of SyTy, Turbo Buick and Impala SS owners. Impossible to reach when he doesn't want to be found (or he's in jail), but does respond well to threats, lawyers and law enforcement. Deal with at your own risk, you have been warned.--

---------------------------------------

PEP Precision Engineering Performance
Ripped off multiple board members. Do Not Deal With *Finalized*

Tony DeQuick - Chicago, Illinois area
Formerly of Charged Air Systems (CAS). Sells radiators, CAC's, etc. Does not ship parts in a timely manner. Does not reply to emails. Does shoddy work. Has a very poor eBay feedback rating and changes his Ebay ID frequently. Has been banned from PayPal. Bad reputation in many automotive arenas, turbo Buicks, LS1's, SyTy's, etc. DO NOT DEAL WITH.

Torrey Ward
SyTy owner. According to a SyTy Vendor who built a motor for Mr. Ward, he has not paid his balance due on the labor/parts for the engine build. According to the SyTy Vendor, Mr. Ward was taken to small claims court for the outstanding balance. The court ruled in favor of the Vendor, but Mr. Ward still hasn't paid. Other vendors should proceed with caution when dealing with Mr. Ward.

Conley Performance

To report other deadbeat members you feel are candidates for the Dog House, PM TurboManiacal or Ty0279.
See more
See less

1992 Project typhoon $3500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Project typhoon $3500

Well, I hate to do this but I am torn. I bought this about 4 years ago in Florida, no rust (only 1 pin hole near the rear window. But it ran like poo. So, Brandon helped me and we got it running, but at the end of the year, I tore it apart with the hopes of getting a repaint. Well, life stepped in, anew kid, a large addition, wife changing jobs, etc. And the project has been sitting for 2 years in the stage you see it. Everything is there. All cladding (Mark, who used to work on cladding from Ohio... well used to be), fixed all the cladding (tabs), There is NO RUST on the truck other than the surface where I used the DA on it. Ihave a set of ty wheels for it, the motor is fine, no issues when I stopped it.
    I have the money to get it repainted, but would rather sale it , andbuy one that is done and complete. It seems like I have no time to spend working on it to get it done, and if I get it painted, I am afraid I will never be able to get it put back together.
    All parts are labeled and baggied, so there are no issues.
    The shell is rust free with the exception of the small pin hole near the rear window. Floor is great, under it is great. Full interior, seats are great. Has an ultimate set up.
    I am in Pittsburgh PA. Let me know if interested. It would be great for the parts alone, or if your shell is a rust bucket.

2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
    1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Re: 1992 Project typhoon $3500

is this still for sale?
    91 syclone #2714 92 typhoon #2182
    92 typhoon #1614
    92 typhoon #1314
    92 typhoon #1399
    93 typhoon #593

Comment

If there comes a need for it to be parted out, I'd like to know what you'd want for the Engine+Trans, as long as the trans is SYTY original, and the engine is in good working order. Maybe a couple other pieces too. I'll even come get them.

Comment

Originally posted by gaugeprower View Post
        If there comes a need for it to be parted out, I'd like to know what you'd want for the Engine+Trans, as long as the trans is SYTY original, and the engine is in good working order. Maybe a couple other pieces too. I'll even come get them.
        You would be money ahead by buying everything and parting out the TY. The engine/trans alone is worth alll of that. The cladding is another 2k or more.
        1962 Chevrolet Biscayne( low and mean)
        2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4( daily driver)
        2017 Street Glide Special yep two wheeled ride

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them...

Comment

still available
          1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 2500avalanche View Post
            still available

refuse to sell anything to gaugepower, little scammer screwed over some people.
            Who's afraid of the big bad smoosh....

aka Eric M
            04 honda fit, 04 Piaggio liberty, 01 vespa gts
            92 black/black ty #1677
            91 syclone #0416 *sold*
            will not buy from Terrence

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I have received about 3 messages from new, 1 post, people... scammer!

Comment

Dibbs on steering wheel if you part it! Is it in good shape? Yeah your better off parting with it that far apart.
                Sy #1356

Comment

no interest in parting. It is complete (all cladding, wheels, interior, glass) just taken apart

Comment

Was the truck two tone or solid apple/apple? What was the mileage on the truck? Do you have the stock wheels? Any way you can send me other pictures before you took it apart? Interior condition prior to disassembly?

You can PM if you're interested. My email is also samsung33@hotmail.com

I'm not on the forum very often but very interested. Thanks

I'm sure my wife will kill but ( just got done with a three year frame off S10 restoration )
                    93 Typhoon

Comment

i am also interested . would like to see more pictures if possible . thanks
                      91 syclone #2714 92 typhoon #2182
                      92 typhoon #1614
                      92 typhoon #1314
                      92 typhoon #1399
                      93 typhoon #593

Comment

Originally posted by bigmileage View Post
                        Was the truck two tone or solid apple/apple? What was the mileage on the truck? Do you have the stock wheels? Any way you can send me other pictures before you took it apart? Interior condition prior to disassembly?

You can PM if you're interested. My email is also samsung33@hotmail.com

I'm not on the forum very often but very interested. Thanks

I'm sure my wife will kill but ( just got done with a three year frame off S10 restoration )
                        it is two tone, it is in my signature

Comment

Admin, can you please delete this thread.
                          THank You

Comment

did it sell?
                            -Brandon

Don't talk about it, be about it.

Comment

Did it sell or did you decide to keep her?
                              Derek R.
                              newest member of the 3800 LBS paper weight club.

Project Black Sunshine: 1991 S10 Blazer AWD Convert
                              Old motor go boom = complete OCD truck tear down

Comment

Working...
                              X