No announcement yet.

Code 59 - Tuning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With help from Harmon, I figured out the basics of operating Tunerpro. Brian and I took his truck for a lap at the supercruise and toyed with his settings. He needs to fix his WB, so we didn't make any permanent adjustments. I even took a pic of his settings so I wouldn't screw it up. With my new "skills" I even fixed the registries so that we could connect Roy's Laptop to his truck. With his DM now working, We did a road test and save it for him to review. He has a boost problem which I emailed him about after I wasn't drinking. I am waiting to hear if it led to a fix.

The best part for me was validating that the in cylinder pressure transducer does work. Now to synch it with TDC and try it out when my truck finally runs.

I could get dangerous with these tools!
    91 Syclone (being reassembled)
    54 & 55 Metropolitan
    66 Mustang FB
    67 Bronco
    2006 GMC K1500

Comment

Re: Code 59 - Tuning

Any body figure out any happy tune for there truck up here over nats??
      Cheatham
      Dan Cheatham
      92-Ty#2492
      91-Sy#851
      03-BMW 530Is
      03-HD-Custom V-rod
      73-Fire Bird trans Am 455

Comment

I didn't do a lot a high-boost stuff, but my driveability was pretty close. I was surprised in that the overall tendency was a bit lean. My guess is that the running areas at altitude are a bit different than down here, and were areas that I never adjusted.

Would also explain why the cali guys had so much trouble.
        Dig
        11.94@114- 100% stock motor, 20G, 9/11.
        Built Motor, L35s, cam.... ?

Comment

Originally posted by turbodig View Post
          I didn't do a lot a high-boost stuff, but my driveability was pretty close. I was surprised in that the overall tendency was a bit lean. My guess is that the running areas at altitude are a bit different than down here, and were areas that I never adjusted.

Would also explain why the cali guys had so much trouble.
          If its any constellation to ya, I tuned for 17psi here and the truck ran perfect. 17psi equated to 190's KPa. When I got to PMI the next day (1000'+) lower in elevation, the truck went down the track at 17psi and my KPa was up in the high 210's. I went from a 13.6ish up here to a 14.8 down there. I tuned for the higher KPa and the same "boost" level and got the knock down to 6* and ran a 14 flat before the laptop battery died

BTW, thanks again for the F31m help.
          Mike
          92 TY#0073
          93 TY#0965-SOLD!
          2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
          It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

What most people don't realize is that there is less air pressure up here. Some thing like 17.2:1 or some thing like that AND there is less Oxygen in the air content...Around 20-35% difference from sea level depending on the barometric pressure. So your fighting 3 major key factors ambient air pressure,O2 content and Temp/barometric pressure.Which are all dependent on each other.... Kind of explaining why Mike's KPA's where different 1000ft lower altitude. More ambient pressure in the atmosphere around the MAP sensor resulting in higher KPA's.Sea level tuners tune in a Higher KPA range than you do at this altitude.Example- your idle there would be 75-85 KPA and here 55-65 KPA. We operate in a completely different KPA range than sea level guys do.Blah blah blah...Sorry!!
            Cheatham
            Dan Cheatham
            92-Ty#2492
            91-Sy#851
            03-BMW 530Is
            03-HD-Custom V-rod

Comment

On a drive from Denver to Vail.I was reaching 26 psi at some points normally driving up Vail pass 10,617 summit. In Denver it was set for 17psi. The from the resistance of the incline or grade but all so the lighter atmosphere altitude -10,617ft was easier to pressurize. less weight and O2 resulting in a higher boost levels but my KPa was much lower than 24 psi Kpa is in Denver...
              If any body cares! ;-)
              Cheatham
              Dan Cheatham
              92-Ty#2492
              91-Sy#851
              03-BMW 530Is
              03-HD-Custom V-rod

Comment

Of course we care Cheatham. Now get your truck together and tuned so I can throw a Big Gun sticker on your name
                T Jay | LetterTGraphics | SyTyNats.com |
                1998 Volvo V70R AWD | 2003 Mitsubishi Montero LTD

Comment

Right on TJ! Calling about my heads n Engine as we type!
                  Cheatham
                  Dan Cheatham
                  92-Ty#2492
                  91-Sy#851
                  03-BMW 530Is
                  03-HD-Custom V-rod

Comment

Working...
                  X