Carlisle Truck Nats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlisle Truck Nats

We have had thoughts of doing a Sportmachines meet or gathering, but its was always a struggle to choose a venue, dates, etc and make it successful, and not conflict with the other meets throughout the year. In a combination of effort and ideas, we have a unique opportunity to have a Sportmachines meet, and combine it with a lager national event, Carlisle Truck Nats.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...uck-nationals/

We have been working with the organizers of the event and they are very excited to have the SyTy community be a part of Truck Nats. They want to make it the feature vehicle for 2014. We will have an indoor display area for 15-20 trucks, as well as a designated outdoor area that can accommodate another 20-30 trucks. The show has a huge attendance and this will allow us to show of our trucks to a much bigger audience. It gives the attendees a wider array of vehicles to see and activities to participate in throughout the weekend.

Details:

INDOOR DISPLAY - Theme: History of the Syclone & Typhoon

We will be hand selecting the trucks to be parked indoors for the weekend. We want to try and show an array of trucks, from stock, to full custom, as well as the range of colors. We will also try to get a Marlboro syclone there. There are some considerations you need to be aware of to be a part of this display.
    • Truck will need to be there on Thursday night to be parked inside and set up
      Truck will need to remain there for the entire weekend
      There is trailer parking that will be available to us for the whole weekend

Please submit your truck for consideration here: http://www.sytyevents.com/picture-submission/

To register a vehicle for the actual event, please register direct with Carlisle Truck nationals via this link: http://store.carlisleevents.com/Prod...Code=2014-1911

This will be added to the syty events page. The prices on there are for walk in, door fee only. NOT truck registration. By using the link you will pay Carlisle, they will add you to our group and send you the stickers for your vehicles, passes, and packet directly.

Truck submission for indoor feature area is separate and only through www.sytyevents.com

Hope this clears things up. Sorry for the confusion.

ACCOMODATIONS:

We will be staying at the Park Inn: http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

We are working out if we can get a group rate, or at least a block of rooms together. There are many other hotels in the area. We have stayed at this one in the past and the pricing is reasonable, theres a restaurant, bar, volleyball, mini golf and a few other things at the hotel.

SCHEDULE:

The beauty of being a part of a much bigger event is that most of the weekend is at your leisure. We will have a booth/lounge/hangout area set up by the indoor display so folks can gather up there. We will also be organizing a group dinner, probably saturday night for those who would like to participate.

This post will continue to be updated as we have more information.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sportmachines; 05-28-2014, 10:03 AM.
    www.sportmachines.net
    Syclone. Typhoon. Sonoma GT
    Parts. Sales. Service. Transport.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Sportmachines Instagram: Sportmachines

Re: Carlisle Truck Nats

Just saying....we stay at that hotel for corvettes at Carlisle every year, that's the best place to stay in the area.
    Sy 1557, 92 Ty 2298
    Former sy/ty: Sy 2248,2649 SGT 419,632 93 Ty 0079,0127 92 Ty 0386, 2017
    70 Chevelle SS, 87 Buick turbo t
    02 Corvette Z06, 00 Camaro SS convertible
    03 Harley Wide Glide, 88 firebird formula 350

Comment

Congrats! Very exciting.

I'm interested!

Steve
      TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
      SY 1548 Sold '07
      TY 1237 Sold '12
      SY 1700 sold '14
      RIP JACK 1948-2015

Comment

Hell yeah!! Never been to Carlisle but would definately make this event! I can provide the Aspen for a unique color option indoors!
        Brian
        '91 Sy 2368
        '93 Ty 1214
        '93 4dr Jimmy TT 5.3

Comment

i am in
          2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
          1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

WOW that's awesome we have been going to Carlisle all truck nats on and off for 18 years and we were already planning on going this year so we are definitely in! Verry cool Tom

Comment

Awesome work! I'm def in!
              93 Typhoon, Blk/Blk
              TY#1455, Stock motor, 20G turbo, 2800 Waller converter, Turbotweek chip, full 3" exhaust, AFPR, RPM front mount IC, 13" front disc brakes, 12" rear disc brakes, Walbro 255 FP, RPM 52mm TB, Astro van fan mod, fat tires.

I used to hate red lights, until I bought a Typhoon.

Comment

I'm in.
                91 Sy--#2367 built
                92 SGT--teal,silver #523
                93 Ty--grn,grn #1057 street
                93 Ty--wht,wht #1977 stock
                1928 Mod.A pick-up 1990 ZR-1 corvette
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm maybe ill have an interior in my truck but if not this sounds like it'd be a good road trip
                  Korey
                  1993 TYPHOON #1710 (BLACK/BLACK), 2000 Tahoe,2000 Express van,86 Fiero SE 2.8 v6 Who needs 8 when you got 6 cyl intercooled turbo?
                  SYTY NATS 11 2009, 2013

Comment

Very cool. Do you have to have a mint truck to be part of the outside group? Can the outside trucks come and go as they please?
                    1991 Syclone 2241 - 87k miles
                    2006 Cobalt SS
                    2006 Trailblazer SS AWD
                    RIP 6/10/08 1998 Saturn SL2 #1 - 236,456 miles
                    RIP 12/12/13 1998 Saturn SL2 #2 - 315,000 miles

Comment

sound like a great event keep me posted
                      92 Ty, 87 gn ,97 z28 ,69 camaro rs ss, 2010 F450 ,89 tta,87 t-type http://youtu.be/-73P1JiwIzI

Comment

I 'm sooooo in.!!!!!!!!!!!
                        92 TY #0020
                        91 SY #0334
                        00 trans am: 9.83 @139 1.32 60ft.

Comment

I'm in even if no one shows up like last year

Comment

RenzFab will be there as a vendor along with Sportmachines. This meet actually started with Tom and I discussing hosting a mini meet / wrench session...which all of a sudden turned into this premier awesomeness thanks to some fancy networking on Sportmachine's part. looking forward to us strutting our syty stuff amongst the mere mortal trucks.

Comment

Hope to make it to this one!
                              Wade

Godspeed David.

Comment

Working...
                              X