Rear gate will not open....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear gate will not open....

Its been a long...long time since I was last logged in....I got heavily involved with the FiST community and Own a now 300WHP Fiesta ST. I am done toying with it and have decided to get back into picking away at the little things with the TY....The rear gate will not open any longer.....What is the best way to get that sum bitch to open? drill out the lock? Pull out the panel in the inside that cover the internals? just looking for a good starting point!

"IF women don't find you handsome at least they can find you handy, but I guess I got best of both worlds I'm told"

Build #1917 blk/blk

If you can do it pull the rear interior panel out and then open and replace the lock.
    keith - syty.net Admin

Comment

The mechanism uses two Z rods going from handle to each latch. Maybe they came off? I just opened the tailgate on a 69 chevy. One of the Z rods was off plus it had lots of rust. Squeezed Z rods together using a wire and the old column shifter. Scratches not an issue since I sold it for its "patina" to some guy.
      IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

Originally posted by keith455 View Post
        If you can do it pull the rear interior panel out and then open and replace the lock.
        You can pull the rear lift gate panel without opening the gate?
        "IF women don't find you handsome at least they can find you handy, but I guess I got best of both worlds I'm told"

Build #1917 blk/blk

Comment

Working...
        X