Autometer - Full sweep electrical fuel pressure gauge failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autometer - Full sweep electrical fuel pressure gauge failed

Has anyone else had an electrical fuel pressure gauge fail?

I was going to get a replacement but they are $250!
    1992 White/Grey Saudi Typhoon 0546
    1991 Black/Black Saudi Syclone 2612

idle,boost parking, boost launch

I love this video!

Re: Autometer - Full sweep electrical fuel pressure gauge failed

What failed?

Go to autometer.com and print out A repair service form.
    1991 Syclone #678.
    1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
    sigpic

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.

Comment

I have had 5 from Glow Shift fail, so I gave up on having a FPG for now. Glow Shift gauges are cheap in price and quality.
      Cruzin' Mel Man
      Semper Fi

Keep your fork

Comment

Was wanting to put one on the SoGT to monitor it from the cab but opted for the mechanical $30 liquid filled and adaptor on the fuel line under the hood (bonnet).
        If a quality one for $250 fails, then I'll keep my setup.
        Chip
        Sonoma GT #15 Teal
        '91 Sonoma ext cab GT conversion

Comment

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed. I thought I remembered them having a lifetime warranty but I guess not. Looks like I'll be shipping it back for repair.

I love this video!

Comment

https://www.plxdevices.com/Fluid-Oil...7346002382.htm I gave $80 on sale. PLX uses VDO sendors they are around $50 and it is included . I called PLX and although the instructions say not to use them for fuel, they say a lot do and never have any trouble. I see on you can buy a sendor specifically for fuel that has the right perameters for even less(knock off).http://prosportgauges.com/performanc...re-sender.aspx otherwise https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdo-360025/overview/

Comment

You are selling them? For $80?

That's cool but the issue is I want the giant 2 5/8 gauge pod hole filled and the other gauges are Phantoms. Maybe I should get a clock?

I love this video!

Comment

I see, I don't know why the price swings so much. I figured you had a PLX with a DM-6. I didn't want to mount another gauge since fuel pressure along with O2 is kind of redundant. It just daisied right onto the DM-6 and I just toggle to it to check it.

Comment

I had an old cobalt fail, I sent it in. They said they couldn't fix it. They gave me a new one for like $100 I think. And they sent my old one back. Beats buying a new one for $250+
                  91 SY #966
                  92 Teal TY #414 Nats 05 Pure Stock Champ
                  92 4dr T15 Jimmy 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Couger1968 View Post
                    https://www.plxdevices.com/Fluid-Oil...7346002382.htm I gave $80 on sale. PLX uses VDO sendors they are around $50 and it is included . I called PLX and although the instructions say not to use them for fuel, they say a lot do and never have any trouble. I see on you can buy a sendor specifically for fuel that has the right perameters for even less(knock off).http://prosportgauges.com/performanc...re-sender.aspx otherwise https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdo-360025/overview/
                    I was not entirely correct with a Christmas sale I got it for $89.99, but had a $12.97 shipping charge.

Comment

Sent it in today. $25 in shipping and packing... presumably the same to send it back and then the repair cost on top.

Hopefully they can fix it though. Maybe I just need to ditch the guage pod and stick with my DM 6 and link up as mentioned. I just like all the lights and dials!

I love this video!

Comment

Well, slightly /topic but...

I had some wiring issues with my gauges:

EGT light came in with IGN.
                        Greddy went off if I turned the instrument panel lights on.
                        EGT gauge didn't work at all.

So I fixed all of that and now my console lights are looking pretty good...

As ever, there is an issue. When I turn the lights on when the IGN is on, the fuel pump primes. It's probably a ground issue but has anyone dealt with it before I dig in?

I love this video!

Comment

Working...
                        X