Keyless entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry

Are all the typhoons equipped with keyless entry or what??? I just purchased a keyless remote on ebay and hopefully it will work with my truck. Where is the module for the keylessentry as well any information would be appreciated
    92 ty few add-ons bone stock but quick
    94 t/a 6-speed, bone stock, new exhaust,

Re: Keyless entry

Originally posted by Lamotta81
    Are all the typhoons equipped with keyless entry or what??? I just purchased a keyless remote on ebay and hopefully it will work with my truck. Where is the module for the keylessentry as well any information would be appreciated
    The module is under the center console in the back. I am going to attempt to reprogram my remote soon. I am pretty sure the intstruction can be found searching the mailing list archives on www.syty.org
    Dave
    Sy #2661

Comment

1.Get a piece of wire.Leave ignition switch off.

2. Connect ALDL terminal A (upper right) with Terminal G (lower left). Door locks will lock and unlock in approximately 2 seconds.

3. Press "UNLOCK" button on remote. Door locks will lock and
      unlock in approximately 2 seconds. The remote has now been programed.
      4. Disconnect the jumper wire from the ALDL.

Comment

Hey i just got a new remote and was trying to do this and when i connected the A and G terminals nothing happend i played with it for awhile and couldn't get it to cycle the locks. Could i be doing something wrong?
        Ted Bauer
        1992 Typhoon Custom Cam,Vortec Heads, PTE 6766, 4L60E
        1965 Corvette Roadster 327 4 Speed
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        1956 Chevy Pickup
        1999 Dodge Dakota
        2011 Ford Edge

Comment

Same thing here - nothing happened when I coonected A & G. Anyone else have this issue or better yet what could be causing it?

Thanks,
          Joe Frazier

87 Grand National
          92 TY #1071

Comment

Same here nothing happened
            1985 GMC S15 Jimmy "Tyclone" (LT1, AWD, Sonoma GT front bumper, Ty interior, C5 wheels, LS1 brakes, GS paint, etc)
            1992 Typhoon #2344 (green/grey) - SOLD & 92 Ty #2040 (blk/blk) - Scrapped

Comment

Make sure the receiver is plugged in mine wasnt when I got my ty.

Patrick

Comment

Pull the center console out and its under it? Hmm...

I have the lid off now and can see back behind there in a box there with wires. dang gotta take the truck apart some more! lol

Ok pulled it out. Everything is plugged in. My Typhoon service manual says "see Jimmy manual" but I left that at the shop. Poop. Guess I have to go get that manual before I put my console back together.
                Last edited by ShuggsRR; 01-20-2007, 11:53 AM.
                1985 GMC S15 Jimmy "Tyclone" (LT1, AWD, Sonoma GT front bumper, Ty interior, C5 wheels, LS1 brakes, GS paint, etc)
                1992 Typhoon #2344 (green/grey) - SOLD & 92 Ty #2040 (blk/blk) - Scrapped

Comment

Working...
                X