Typhoon dome light question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoon dome light question...

When you guys pop the back glass, can you manually turn on that lil dome light in the back with the switch? I coulda swore my 94 Blazer had a 3-way rocker switch that was similar to most cars with (on - on when doors open - off). The one in my Ty is off/on when front doors open... i can't manually turn it on when I open the glass to get something out of the back. You guys have the same thing, or do I need to pop the light out and look at the wiring? Seems kinda dumb to not be able to turn the light on, but not surprising in the slightest if it was designed that way.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 03-27-2019, 12:18 AM.
    1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
    1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

IIRC its just an on/off switch so you can turn on the lights when you open the rear hatch if you leave it on it will stay on till turned off and I believe it is connected to the front dome lights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NM_TY_Guy View Post
      IIRC its just an on/off switch so you can turn on the lights when you open the rear hatch if you leave it on it will stay on till turned off and I believe it is connected to the front dome lights as well.
      ok cool! that's all i needed to know! Managed to find the whole light assembly new on ebay for $10! SCORE!

I'm pretty sure it's the switch that failed since none of the wiring looks cut or spliced in any way, and the light turns on when the doors open.

For the integrity of the thread and search feature, here's the part number GM 15649207
      1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
      1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Comment

Working...
      X