X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C100 wiring

Here, Warren:

12020184 = Bulkhead. On the firewall. C100.
    12020100 = Fwd Lamp connector. Plugs into above for Lamp Harness the goes forward along Left fender.
    12020183 = Engine Harness. Plugs into C100. Engine harness.

I got these out of my 1993 S/T Helms Manual. I did not attempt to verify these numbers. HTH.

Comment

12020183 has been discontinued and replaced with Delphi part number 15492523. 12020100 is still available from delphi. The C100 connector is a 20 pin metripack 630 connector.

http://delphi.com/connectors/product...uctID=15492523
      Items Wanted
      Exhaust housing & downpipe to fit PTE PT52 turbo | Uncut tail light harness for a Syclone

Comment

Hey Dave or Warren, have either of you guys attempted to remove the pins on the engine side C100 connector? I'm building a harness and would like to remove some wires that have been cut and replace them with complete wires rather than splice them.
        Greg
        90 GMC SoGT Clone, bagged, and SyTy powered
        91 Sy#805 Sold
        92 Ty#704
        92 Ty#440 Sold

Comment

They come out, I've done it many times. Pry out the white 'comb' retainer. Use a flattened big paperclip and go in from the connector side to release the retainer tab on the pin. Pull it out from the wire side.

The tar-goo sealant in C100 is a messy distraction to working with this connector. You have to figure out which side the tab is on, you can't see it because of the goo. Look for the 'recess' in the plastic. This is the release side. Once you figure this out, and a bit of practice, they'll come right out with little fuss.

Comment

Is the white "comb" retainer on the wire side? I think that may be what I'm missing, I'll look for that, thanks Dave
            Greg
            91 Sy#805 Sold
            92 Ty#704
            92 Ty#440 Sold

Comment

Here's a couple of pics that show the retainer "comb". The wire hood covers it when everything is assembeled. The second pic shows the comb partially extracted.

If you overlook removing the comb, you'll NEVER extract the wires / pins.

In this pic, the comb is the vertical white line about an inch right of the wires and goo.

Comment

That's awesome, a picture's worth a thousand words, thanks again Dave
                Greg
                91 Sy#805 Sold
                92 Ty#704
                92 Ty#440 Sold

Comment

Dave, is there a pin broken in that picture? It looks like there should be 8 pins. The Delphi website lists a corresponding pin for the 25 connector C100 part, but nothing for the 20. Here's the comb pin for the 25 pin connector:

http://delphi.com/connectors/feature...in&update=main
                  Items Wanted
                  Exhaust housing & downpipe to fit PTE PT52 turbo | Uncut tail light harness for a Syclone

Comment

Working...
                  X