Hitting Limiter & Not Shifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting Limiter & Not Shifting

My knee jerk reaction is that I'll end up having to take this transmission in to a professional, but maybe there is some easy stuff that might solve this first.

I have a 3500 stall converter, 6266 ball bearing turbo, and comp 412-8 cam, so parts that are pushing a bit more power. I think the issue I'm having likely started when I removed the Yank 2700 and installed the Superior 3500 converter. Don't quote me on it but I think that's is the case (I didn't drive it but a couple passes on the Yank at the track). Transmission is a rebuild of unknown specifications, but with the Yank in there it shifted around 5800rpm which is pretty perfect and what I'd like it to be doing now.

I'm on a TT chip, e85, walbro 450, etc. and I have the rev limiter set via my msd 6al-2 to 6200 to make sure it is out of the way, but about 50% of the time the 1-2 shift hits the limiter a couple times before it shifts and the 2-3 shift does the same 100% of the time. I'm thinking maybe my springs/weights in the governor don't play nice with the new converter?

I already tried the TV cable adjustment a couple of times, seems to be right and I get the 3 clicks needed. Any suggestions before I just chase down a transmission expert to take over?

Oh dang this actually posted. I got an error message every time I tried.

Anyways, ignore as I think I've fixed it.

Comment

so, what was the issue incase others run into this?
      92 TY # 398 - Retired DD - 162K and running good: 20G, JSM A-Arms, QA1 Coilovers, Beltech rear springs & SB, ZQ8, F-Body disks, Gilbert, built trans, 9/11 convertor, C4 ZR1 wheels, Hoods ABS delete, DutchTy IC & Johnson pump , RPM cat delete & Borla cat back exhaust, Code$59 tuned by Krupa running on E85.

97 Tahoe - Big Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SEL777 View Post
        so, what was the issue incase others run into this?
        I had to let about another 1/8" of slack out on the tv cable. I was letting it do the normal 3 clicks it does when you follow the setup procedure, but it just didn't like it. Let it out about another 2 clicks and it's golden.

Comment

Working...
        X