X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCI cast alum deep trans pan

Any one run one?

TCI deep finned alum trans pan. Cast. +2 extra qts of fluid

only curious because I have NO hardware to mount it up . It's currently mocked up on my trans right now and I only have 1 or 2 bolts in it. I need the correct hardware, is it all Allen head hardware ? Can't recall. Stuff is missing/gone

TCI I called and there a real PITA. They told me to use basic hardware shit... that's there shitty ass support team. I'm pretty sure the hardware is allenhead...and there's a reason. Can anyone here verify
    1991 Syclone #678.
    1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
    sigpic

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.

I use one on my 80e conversion. They are all allen heads. I just got mine at Ace, no reason for anything special. That's all the hardware I know of.
    Mike
    92 TY#0073
    93 TY#0965-SOLD!
    2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
    It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Comment

They told me to use hex head. I knew there was clearance issues with hex.
      1991 Syclone #678.
      1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
      sigpic

Comment

I believe mine are allen head. Hardware store bolts should work fine. You should be able to buy allen head bolts there. May as well use them just in case of a clearance issue. It has been to many years since the pan was installed. I don't recall if they were needed or not.
        Phil
        91 Syclone 2097
        92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
        93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

I just vaguely remember having issues with the standard Hex head. Im pretty sure they dont tighten down due to the lip, or you can't get a open end wrench on them to fully tighten ( that's why it's Allen head).

I really haven't done anything with my truck in about 5 years. Getting ready to put the transmission in, left the pan just mocked up.

I bought the trans pan with a out of box price tag. It was never used.. just like in my case only mocked up. Just didn't have the hardware and left me guessing. Called tci twice. They said the first two times that the hardware is expensive and they can sell it to me. (Figured I'd call on two separate occasions) no luck.

I think ultimately that the Allen heads are required because the lip of the flange on the outside ramps up slightly and you can not use hex head.
          1991 Syclone #678.
          1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X