Transmission Slipping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Slipping?

So I just rebuilt my transfer case and got it installed, and now my truck is finally AWD again. I changed the transmission fluid (DEX III) and filter too. My trans fluid was virtually black, and i found what looks like a coulple little pieces of a circlip or snap ring stuck to the magnet in the pan... I also adjusted the shift cable because it wouldnt fully go into park, or the low gears.

Anyways, i tried to do a mild launch by building boost, and when i go to accelerate, the truck hardly moves. Under normal driving condition the truck does OK, but still does not accelerate well at all. Especially going up hill, the rpms seem way higher than they should. The truck is running ok right now, and my trans fuild seems to be plenty full on the stick. Is there something i need to adjust properly to help stop the slipping? Or is my transmission just dying ? Im thinking its probably dying..

if thats the case, where can i get another one? I know i cant use a generic 700r4. I just need a good used stock transmission if anyone has one to sell and ship.

Thanks for reading, any advice is greatly appreciated!

From my research on wanting to build up my stock 700r to fit the X cab Sy project, the corvette servo and a bit heavier on the 3-4 disc packs are helpful on a stock trans. I don't know if corvette governor is in Sy/Ty, but alot of the inside bits were shared. Any 700r could be retro-fitted with whatever. I would think the any reputable and honest trans shop could rebuild your existing one.
    Chip
    Sonoma GT #15 Teal
    '91 Sonoma ext cab GT conversion

Comment

Time to have it rebuilt. Make sure you clean out the lines, the cooler in the radiator, and also have the torque converter cleaned out or replace it. If any of the trash that is in the fluid from the old trans going out gets back into your rebuilt unit. It will be ruined quickly.
      Phil
      91 Syclone 2097
      92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
      93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Originally posted by fauXGT View Post
        From my research on wanting to build up my stock 700r to fit the X cab Sy project, the corvette servo and a bit heavier on the 3-4 disc packs are helpful on a stock trans. I don't know if corvette governor is in Sy/Ty, but alot of the inside bits were shared. Any 700r could be retro-fitted with whatever. I would think the any reputable and honest trans shop could rebuild your existing one.
        I think im going to try to find a good used Transmission to swap it with until im ready to have my current unit rebuilt. I have a feeling its gonna cost alot of money to have this thing rebuilt. Also, you built and X cab Syclone? Thats really badass.

Comment

Originally posted by wildphil View Post
          Time to have it rebuilt. Make sure you clean out the lines, the cooler in the radiator, and also have the torque converter cleaned out or replace it. If any of the trash that is in the fluid from the old trans going out gets back into your rebuilt unit. It will be ruined quickly.
          Well, im gonna try to find a good used unit first until i can have my current one rebuilt. And ill flush out all of the lines since my old fluid is disgusting. Im hoping i can find one on here for sale or on the Fb page.

Comment

So i just got a good used low mileage transmission & torque converter out of a Sy, and before i intall and hook everything up, i would like to flush out the trans cooler and lines. What would be a good way to do this? Fill it will new fuild and drain it a few times?
            Thanks

Comment

When I did my lines the hard ones.. I just ran a can of brake clean through each. I thought that was seemingly ok for the hard lines. My other option would be to just buy some hose, and the trans adapter AN fittings and run that style.

I still have my original radiator as well. Mine has some type of mesh filter or screen in it. I was told...the correct place has a machine to pump and clean that little cooler inside radiator.
              Anyone ever have it done?

1991 Syclone #678.
              1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
              sigpic

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.

Comment

The stock trans on syclones came with corvette 2 nd gear servo in the 700R4 FYI and stock really donít hold up to any kind of power stock not even worth putting in stock

Comment

Working...
                X