Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

700R4 HD, S/S, Pro Street, or Pro Street Elite transmission....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700R4 HD, S/S, Pro Street, or Pro Street Elite transmission....

If you are needing a 700R4 HD, S/S, Pro Street, or Pro Street Elite transmission with a two year warranty for their SY/TY, let me know. I will be working through the winter. Two to three week turn around on most 700R4 units. I have torque converters to match these 700R4 transmissions too. I have very complete rebuild kits also for the 700R4, form HD to Pro Street Elite. Call me with any questions. Go to: www.700R4L60E.com
    Dana
    Last edited by Pro Built Automatics; 11-27-2018, 05:36 PM.

I have purchased two rebuild kits from Dana. And they have worked out great. I have not had any better customer service than his, it was unreal.
    Phil
    91 Syclone 2097
    92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
    93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Where are you located, Dana, and do you have a choice of stalls on the converters?
      Thanks, Rob
      ...Rob
      All my wife can say about it, is that it's really scary
      Sy #1654 Link to my Photobucket page

Comment

I match what is done to the motor, camshaft specs at .050" lift, type of heads, how much FWHP, how much torque, how you are getting the horsepower (NA, supercharged, turbo), gear ratio, what is the vehicle intended for, daily driver or weekend warrior, etc. And finally how do you drive. Conservative? Moderate? Moderate aggressive? Or aggressive? This way I can determine what stall and torque converter diameter will work best for the application that it is intended for. I am in Southern California.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Built Automatics View Post
          If you are needing a 700R4 HD, S/S, Pro Street, or Pro Street Elite transmission with a two year warranty for their SY/TY, let me know. I will be working through the winter. Two to three week turn around on most 700R4 units. I have torque converters to match these 700R4 transmissions too. I have very complete rebuild kits also for the 700R4, form HD to Pro Street Elite. Call me with any questions. Go to: www.700R4L60E.com
          Dana
          I need a rebuild kit for my stock Sy transmission

Comment

The Heavy Duty kit or the Street/Strip rebuild kit would work here depending on how you drive. Conservative? Moderate? Moderate aggressive? or aggressive? Are you planning on any power increases or other changes in the future? Another torque converter perhaps? Are you wanting to reuse your torque converter? If the oil in the transmission is in fairly good shape (red to dark brown), then you can reuse the torque converter as long as lockup is working now, as I double the oil to the converter clutch with these kits, so even a used converter clutch will work fine.

Comment

What do you recommend on a stock truck D or OD for pretty much daily driving around town ?
              1992 typhoon 0384
              1999 c5 frc vette

Comment

With the 700R4 using overdrive (OD) is fine, and you will not hurt it using drive around town either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Built Automatics View Post
                  The Heavy Duty kit or the Street/Strip rebuild kit would work here depending on how you drive. Conservative? Moderate? Moderate aggressive? or aggressive? Are you planning on any power increases or other changes in the future? Another torque converter perhaps? Are you wanting to reuse your torque converter? If the oil in the transmission is in fairly good shape (red to dark brown), then you can reuse the torque converter as long as lockup is working now, as I double the oil to the converter clutch with these kits, so even a used converter clutch will work fine.
                  I would say I drive Moderate aggressive. I do not plan to significantly increase power at this time, and i will be needing a new torque converter i am sure. I looked at the Heavy dutie kit, but it seems like that kit is designed for vehicles that tow. Would that be a good kit for my stock trans?

Comment

If you plan on making any changes to the motor and/or drive more aggressively, then the Street/Strip rebuild kit will work. If you plan on adding much more horsepower and drive more aggressively, then the Pro Street would be the way to go.

Comment

Dana, I drive Moderate aggressive on my Ty and use it for daily driving. I just rebuilt the engine and will be installing soon. Only changes to the engine was a .30 over and forged pistons/rods. everything else is original. Would like to get a Trans to go with it. I'm thinking a street/strip would work for my application. What will it run me $?..also do you ship? Is a core needed in return?
                      Thank you.
                      91' Syclone #1129
                      92' Typhoon #1061 (DD)
                      11' Toyota Camry SE

Comment

Depending on where you are at will determine the shipping charges. I will need your valve body and governor to build a unit. The Sy/Ty valve body and governor are all their own.

Comment

Working...
                        X