Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only First and Second gear

Hi

Only first an second gear. (and reverse)

Any thoughts?

Dont know where to start...

Thank you

Most likely your transmission is going to have to be rebuilt. Did your transmission slip in 3rd gear before you lost it?

Is the fluid on your dipstick dark or smell a lot different than fresh trans fluid? If you were to pull the pan and have chunks of fiber plates in the bottom, that would pretty much tell you the transmission needed to be rebuilt. IMO
    Phil
    91 Syclone 2097
    92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
    93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Thanks.
      Going to check that.
      Hard to find here someone to rebuild it.
      Probably going to buy a new one from de USA.

Comment

Good luck with the transmission. If you don't find the things that I described in my previous post, please post what you do find. As there may be other causes. But in my past experiences, these symptoms have always been from the plates wearing out, burnt up, or coming apart.

The first and easiest thing to check would be to pull the transmission dipstick and smell the fluid. If it has a strong smell different than fresh fluid, that is a bad sign.
        Phil
        91 Syclone 2097
        92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
        93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

This is the most common failure in the 700R4, the loss of 3rd & 4th gears, which is the 3-4 clutch pack going away. I specialize in these, and if I can be of help here, let me know what it is want to do. You can rebuild it yourself or get a built transmission to match what you have.
          Last edited by Pro Built Automatics; 11-30-2018, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X