Torque Converter Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Converter Recommendations

I just dropped off the trans for a heavier than stock rebuild out of the X-Cab SoGT and am looking for any torque converter recommendations.
    I've been told that the full throttle chattering is probably the the trans not running correctly(+ it's the last thing I've rebuilt or replaced w/ heavier than stock). It has the 6+ psi supercharger, so not needing for 400hp. I've looked into off the shelf replacements from Summit & Jegs and the Ty & SY's are the same as a HD for my standard 4.3L. That may be where I go, but if anyone has any info on a great converter being I don't want to drop the trans again.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by fauXGT; 04-08-2019, 11:07 PM.
    Chip
    Sonoma GT #15 Teal
    '91 Sonoma ext cab GT conversion

Sir,
    TCS make a 9/11 that seems to work pretty good as a lockup convertor. Not sure of your future goals but I have hade one in my truck for a few years. Truck was a high ten low eleven second truck with a/the small motor combo.
    Bob

Comment

Sir,
      TCS make a 9/11 that seems to work pretty good as a lockup convertor. Not sure of your future goals but I have hade one in my truck for a few years. Truck was a high ten low eleven second truck with a/the small motor combo.
      Bob

Comment

What in the world just happened!!!!!!

Comment

A worm hole.
          Chip
          Sonoma GT #15 Teal

Comment

A worm hole.
            Chip
            Sonoma GT #15 Teal

Comment

I"m not looking for any big times....far from. I just want to finish this project and start enjoy the driving of it. I've heard some converters are just junk and a big waste of $$. Been recommended Hughes brand from the trans guy, but he also builds race and drag transmissions. Very reasonable on his cost, but when I put the thing back in, I want to be done. He suggested asking the forum to see what worked for Sy/Ty's Being the same 4.3 w/ 700r4, and my boost won't be as high. FYI.... Hughes HD converter for stock 4.3 w/ 700r4 is same as Sy/Ty for off the shelf in Jegs or Summit.
              Chip
              Sonoma GT #15 Teal

Comment

I would not go with Hughes...The PI vigilante would be a better choice.
                10.4@127mph-stock ECM
                542 rwhp/ 608 Torque. PTE 67-V6.
                E85-TT-408"-AWD/4L80e under construction...

Comment

Working...
                X