6 speed T56 syclone conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 speed T56 syclone conversion

I would like information or knowlege on converting a syclone or typhoon to a 6 speed, or to talk to anyone who has succesfully completed this project yourself. I would like use a T56, their are pictures of a sylone with a T56 on sportmachines.com. I know it was done on the quadraduce street rod that used a syclone power plant.

Re: 6 speed T56 syclone conversion

Shoot Robert Lone a pm.....really good guy to talk to and I found him very helpful for info.
    '13 Camaro ZL1

Comment

Originally posted by BigJake17
      I would like information or knowlege on converting a syclone or typhoon to a 6 speed, or to talk to anyone who has succesfully completed this project yourself. I would like use a T56, their are pictures of a sylone with a T56 on sportmachines.com. I know it was done on the quadraduce street rod that used a syclone power plant.

Quadradeuce didn't use a syclone powerplant. It used the AWD case and possibly some of the drivetrain.

There was a guy with the set-up for sale in the members for sale section here. It will be pricey though. Good luck.

Comment

Quadraduece used the transfer case and front diff.

Have you considered converting to a 4L80e.
        The auto will be quicker and more consistent in the 1/4 while the T56 might be more "fun" to drive.
        Jason | 92 Typhoon #2407: it smells like code $59
        06 C6 Corvette - dd | 10 Subaru Forester XTi - herz | 05 Silverado SS AWD - support vehicle | 64 C10 LBSS - beater truck
        SyTy Nationals Alumni 99 | 00 | 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 09 | 11 | 13 ...

fueled by RIP brother man

Comment

If you just want to shift it manually, you can do a "shrifter" or make your own system using a steering wheel with premounted buttons for up and down shifting. If you like the road race feel then a 6 speed would be fun to drive. There's lots of goodies you give up for the trade though. HP capacity, boosted launches, etc. I bet the 6 speed would be fun to drive though.
          Last edited by George Blake; 09-09-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Look for a T56 case from a C5 vette. They have a short tailhousing with a flat, machined face that bolts to the vette's torque tube. You can have an adaptor fabbed to mate it with a transfer case.

Also, consider one of the newer AWD transfer cases found in the Escalade, TBSS, Sierra C3, etc. Shock-loading capacity of these units are far superior to a SYTY case. AWD + Manual transmission = big shock loads.

Comment

Originally posted by George Blake View Post
              I bet the 6 speed would be fun to drive though.
              i dunno about that, Renz said his 5-speed Typhoon wasnt nearly as fun as he thought it would be. Cant really do any boost launch with a manual and going in and out of the powerband hardly seems to be the best way to fast ET's

Comment

5/6spd sy/ty = gay buy a dsm
                92 TY 1167 Fast when it runs 500rwhp
                87 GN Low Miles also fast when it runs
                11 CTS V

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
                  i dunno about that, Renz said his 5-speed Typhoon wasnt nearly as fun as he thought it would be. Cant really do any boost launch with a manual and going in and out of the powerband hardly seems to be the best way to fast ET's
                  msd two step and tuning could help that but kinda hard on the turbo
                  93 Typhoon #1110 -- exorcism pending
                  Garry, Killeen Texas

I will get a 10.xx second 1/4 out of this build or set the record for the most exploded drive train in one pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                    Look for a T56 case from a C5 vette. They have a short tailhousing with a flat, machined face that bolts to the vette's torque tube. You can have an adaptor fabbed to mate it with a transfer case.

Also, consider one of the newer AWD transfer cases found in the Escalade, TBSS, Sierra C3, etc. Shock-loading capacity of these units are far superior to a SYTY case. AWD + Manual transmission = big shock loads.
                    4472 has a viscous coupler in it that absorbs and splits the load so, no, that's not an issue. Just FYI. With the new billet 32 spline input shafts and the 32 spline output shaft arrangements, they have handled some major abuse. The planets I'm doing will be done soon. That's the last weak link in the case as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by George Blake View Post
                      4472 has a viscous coupler in it that absorbs and splits the load so, no, that's not an issue. Just FYI. With the new billet 32 spline input shafts and the 32 spline output shaft arrangements, they have handled some major abuse. The planets I'm doing will be done soon. That's the last weak link in the case as far as I can tell.
                      You working on a manual trans conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
                        Yeah, I was in Renz's 5-speed Ty and it completely sucked with the manual trans.. I think that if you do a manual conversion you will be really disappointed in the end.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                          You working on a manual trans conversion?
                          No because guys don't want it. The only guys that would really want it would be top speed guys that need 6th gear on a manual trans to get road speed up and maitain it. For the majority of road race guys, a 4l80e or a 4l60e(60e is a much weaker setup of course) with shrifter setup works fine. I was just stating that the 4472 has more than proven itself with guys running high 7s low 8s. That takes a pretty big shock on TCC lockups and shifts with max line pressure.
                          Robert Lone is the guy you want to talk to on here about that if your dead set on doing it.

Comment

My application isn't a Turbo 6. NA V8. Conversion would be a bit more "fun".

Comment

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthrea...+transfer+case
                              I found that. Robert Lone is "mutant". His avatar is laughing skull with crossswords.

Comment

Working...
                              X