intercooler question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler question

so guys I need a bit of help been doing so major upgrade on the typhoon, replacing turbo downpipe, going to electric fans removing the remote oil filter, deleting abs and relocating the battery. during all this I found that my trucks last owner has the factory intercooler along with two other coolers. so I'm wondering if this is really needed, or if anyone has ever seen anything like this before? I have a feeling this more or less just slows the flow of my pump down and that id be better off just removing two and running the stock intercooler. just wanted to get some other input before I started removing them. added a pic so you can see the two coolers up front and you can see the T's they had on the right side of the picture

So aside from the upper and lower intercooler, it has 2 others? No pic
    91' Syclone #1129
    92' Typhoon #1061 (DD)
    11' Toyota Camry SE

Comment

Hi I was looking for a photo and did not see one.

anyway. . hard to see what's going on. It could be one thing or another.

my first thought is it's a ATR intercooler. not sure what you are looking at. they usually have a additional cooler located up by front grille.
      1991 Syclone #678.
      1992 Typhoon #413 Sold
      sigpic

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.

Comment

very odd but i've been trying to post this for awhile and keep getting a error message so didn't even know it posted and I'm getting the same thing with trying to upload the picture

Comment

https://flic.kr/p/21Wq61Y

Comment

Originally posted by Slyclone View Post
            Hi I was looking for a photo and did not see one.

anyway. . hard to see what's going on. It could be one thing or another.

my first thought is it's a ATR intercooler. not sure what you are looking at. they usually have a additional cooler located up by front grille.
            so I added a link to the photo

Comment

Originally posted by Jay92Ty View Post
              So aside from the upper and lower intercooler, it has 2 others? No pic
              correct! so it doesn't seem right there just a lot of plumbing and 90 degree turns and T's

Comment

Interesting...looks to me like the right side one is connected to the intercooling and the left (upright) might be connected to trans lines? Only guessing here...but if you say they're both with the intercooler then I don't know that its hurting it? Maybe like you mentioned the pump, but I would think that if it's all connected then it should be releasing more heat. If you have the stock pump its probably working a bit harder. With a Johnson pump probably not as bad. Funny cause I just posted a question yesterday asking if anyone has ever used their a/c condenser as a cooler.
                91' Syclone #1129
                92' Typhoon #1061 (DD)
                11' Toyota Camry SE

Comment

I dont see anything wrong with running multiple coolers more capacity the better. What doesn't make sense to me is the tee's they put in I would think it should flow from one to the next and so fourth from what I can tell in your pic I would not think this is doing anything to help at all. Re plumb it properly and it should work great just get rid of any T fittings and run them all in line.

Comment

Yea thatís what was odd to me was the plumbing there no actually Direction with how they have it plumbed So what Iím a try and do is re-plumb it since I have the front of the car apart putting in the new batmo wheel turbo coil overs radiator and dual electric fans

Comment

Working...
                    X