Who made the ATR pitbull muffler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made the ATR pitbull muffler?

Well just like the thread title says... Does anyone know who they sourced for the muffler? I had one on my Syclone and loved how quiet it was. I have the RPM 3" catback on my Typhoon now and I think Mike used a Gibson or Borla type muffler? (I could be wrong). It's got a decent low rumble at idle, and sounds good at 2k+ RPMs, but it's got this drone around 1500 RPMs that's just killin me.

I found this... https://www.gn1performance.com/prodd...prod=MufflerPB and they're using the "pitbull" name, but I dunno if they just stole the name from ATR. I was thinkin maybe Sean Krupa or his dad might know who made the mufflers for ATR since they used to be the resident ATR syty dealer back in the day?
    Last edited by Mephisto; 05-28-2019, 05:59 PM.
    1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
    1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Ahhh nevermind... Talked to the dudes at GN1 Performance, and they're pretty much the only guys making an ATR Pitbull replica muffler that doesn't drone. Guess that's as close as we'll get to the OG. I have plenty of other probs to worry about before the muffler, but I might pick one up and be the guinea pig for greater good. I'll update the thread with results if I go that route.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 05-29-2019, 06:35 PM.
    1992 Typhoon #0627

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
      I have the RPM 3" catback on my Typhoon now and I think Mike used a Gibson or Borla type muffler? (I could be wrong).
      I am pretty sure my Syclone RPM kit had a magnaflow muffler. I ended up getting a longer magna flow muffler to help kill some of the resonance.

Dave
      Sy #2661

Comment

I actually have one for my Syclone thats brand new. I cant find any markings for a brand on it. The picture of it in the instructions shows an ATR Pitbull sticker on the muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by dgoodhue View Post
          I am pretty sure my Syclone RPM kit had a magnaflow muffler. I ended up getting a longer magna flow muffler to help kill some of the resonance.
          I got under my truck and looked at the muffler and couldn't find any markings or anything that would indicate brand/model. Thanks for the info! Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the drone! Makes me feel less crazy and nitpicky haha.

Originally posted by SY0919 View Post
          I actually have one for my Syclone thats brand new. I cant find any markings for a brand on it. The picture of it in the instructions shows an ATR Pitbull sticker on the muffler.
          Sell it to me!!! haha. Yeah when I got the one for my Syclone there weren't any markings or anything like that to indicate who the manufacturer was. Just the ATR Pitbull sticker like you mention. After doing some digging on ATR, I read something that the old original Pitbull muffler had long rectangular vents or louver type cut outs along the inside of the muffler. Later when someone else acquired the company, they changed the design or manufacturer and went from the rectangular vents to rows of small holes... apparently those don't sound as good as the old originals? I'm still keeping eyes out for a real ATR though.

I got a handsome bonus last month at work and had a few extra bucks to piss away, so I bought one of the GN1 Performance knock offs, just for the hell of it. I'll get it on next week, and let you guys know how it sounds.
          1992 Typhoon #0627

Comment

Working...
          X