Anybody with an RPM stage 3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with an RPM stage 3.

I was wondering if anybody was running an RPM stage 3 turbo. I know PTE is the way to go but I would need a downpipe and donít know where to find one . I know itís a 60-1 turbo but need to see what size the exhaust side is . I have the RPM Stage 1 now and itís a good little turbo that spoils quick and has got me into the 7.37 in hoy weather . Ported L35ís And 415 cam only dropped 2 tenths in the 1/8 mile and 1 mph more . Looking for something bigger and willing to sell my RPM for cheap.
    It maxes out at 20lbs though . Trying to get a part number to see what horspower itís good for . Thanks . A

The stage 3 is a Turbonetics turbo. It has an F1-57 turbine wheel and a .63 AR. I was running it and it worked well with a 3200 9/11 converter. When I rebuilt my engine I had it rebuilt and it now has a 67mm compressor wheel and a stage 5 turbine wheel with a .83 AR housing. The .63 housing will be the limiting factor as it spools pretty quick but limits you in upper rpm (it did for me).
    Not putting miles on your Sy/Ty so it will be more appealing to the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Comment

??
      Not putting miles on your Sy/Ty so it will be more appealing to the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Comment

Thanks a lot . I was under the impression it was much bigger then that . I guess Iíll wait to find a precision downpipe or find someone who makes them

Comment

When I did my Gen 2 PTE6266 I had a local fabricator build me a custom downpipe. Ported the wg hole on the turbo and flange and did an external 40mm turbosmart gate. Controls boost well. Of course you don't have to do the fender exit like me, but I'd definitely recommend a boost valve or some kind of cutout. At the very least a good good flowing exhaust.

Comment

Working...
          X