No announcement yet.

Knock, knock....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the engine pretty clean around spark plugs? Sometimes you can get bad wires even when they are new. Check them in complete darkness for spark arching. They shouldn't cross each other.
    IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

I checked the arcing, not occuring.
      2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
      1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

How much WOT timing are you running in the TT Chip? Boost?
        Dave
        Sy #2661

Comment

Sir,
          TPS is in range. Is the return line hitting the fire wall of the truck or as Wild Phil mentioned is any thing moving or rattling around that could be setting the knock sensor off?
          Bob

Comment

You mentioned you have 60 lb injectors but did you upgrade fuel pump and fuel pressue regulator? If its leaning out on the top end its gonna knock. I'd be checking fuel pressure on hard wot acceleration

Comment

Also have a look at intake air temps. If its hot its going to be worse. Make sure your intercooler is bled out and working good. Maybe think of auxiliary heat exchanger for intercooler upgrades. Try running it in cooler night air see if it improves. The bigger 20g turbo is pushing the factory intercooler to its limits.

Comment

Hello,
                I have a walbro 255, works great. Intake temps are normal range (I went out 2 nights ago, and it was cool, temps running in the 90 degree range). Usually temps in the 100 degree range. Intercooler not factory, it is upgraded. always knocks under boost. Adjusted a lot. Very confused!
                2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
                1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

Working...
                X