Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Opinion

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-cl09-430-8

Looking at this cam, what does anyone who knows anymore think?
    Mike
    92 TY#0073
    93 TY#0965-SOLD!
    2007 Trailblazer SS - Wife's new ride
    It's tough being narcissistic, especially when you realize that nobody wants to be like you.

Not an expert here but I think that we would need to know more about the build (turbo size and Generation). Intended use of truck race/street, motor size/stroke. Head type and any work that has been done to them. I went and looked it up on the link and my thoughts is that it is a bit big for a daily driver (224@50) might be a little rowdy on idle also might bleed the vacuum down a bit. I had a cam a few years ago similar to this but it was a bit smaller 210/210 112 and it made 19" of vacuum in park and about 17" in gear in a 265 ci motor. Might have been a bit small but it made a ton of torque and torque is what moves the trucks.

Bob

Comment

Sir,
      I contacted a well known member on the Turbo Buick site and awaiting his recommendation. I also included my cam sheet that is in my current motor. Side not the cam blank is for an old style cam nose so it won't work in a production roller block.
      Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by proptop View Post
        Sir,
        I contacted a well known member on the Turbo Buick site and awaiting his recommendation. I also included my cam sheet that is in my current motor. Side not the cam blank is for an old style cam nose so it won't work in a production roller block.
        Bob
        Those specs are close to the cam I had made for one of my trucks.
        Attached Files
        Phil
        91 Syclone 2097
        92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
        93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Wow,
          That is really close and I would bet that you could throw a blanket over both of them and they would idle very similar and make about the same amount of vacuum/power. These v6 motors don't need a lot of cam. The bigger the cam the harder you have to turn it. In addition you have to have a bigger convertor to get them to spool up on the street. Next time/cam I might narrow the lobe separation a little not sure yet.
          Bob

Comment

Not sure how yours ran but I am still trying to work the bugs out of mine currently.
            Bob
            Last edited by proptop; 07-12-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: This site is still double posting or it just might be the old pucker behind the key board.

Comment

Comp cams 19-118-4 claimed to add over 40hp alone. This bad boy works from 800- 4800 rpm which means higher stall not mandatory. Also, no need to re work heads for higher lift? Well, they also mention roller rockers with pushrods to fit. Don't go too stiff with the valves springs. Should be100 lbs seat pressure but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
              IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

Working...
              X