Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another injector question (GT35R)

Originally posted by E-RUE
    we are having voltage issues beyond a simple fuse swap.
    and it seems to be typical of both trucks we are messing with.
    however, the fix is a simple relay setup.
    You mind posting some more details of what your talking about here. I haven't heard of it before.
    1991 SYCLONE # 2007
    1993 TYPHOON #1042
    Member of the Offical 04 Nationals Elevator Crew

Comment

hrrrm ... I guess I'm going to have to mull this one over for a few days ... wish I could just get a chip for what I've got and make it easier
      Sonoma GT #0546 - Project in waiting
      '10 HHR SS Stage 1 Turbo
      GT Rebuild
      Typhoon Rebuild

Comment

if thats what you really want, call up john waller and get a 412 vortec 50lb chip. like i said before, we dont make a program for that combo, because at high boost you can exceed 100% duty cycle.

e

Check out our new website!

Comment

Originally posted by THEMADTYPH00N
          You mind posting some more details of what your talking about here. I haven't heard of it before.
          at high IDC the voltage will drop significantly and make a jagged wave on a graph. (usually only at WOT) the AFR will somewhat follow this jagged wave. in extrem cases you will get a little vibration from the engine, as the ECU starts to fail to work correctly under load. you might also see the ECU completely drop the ALDL connection. the FIX for this issue is to run a powerwire from the power terminal on the firewall to a relay. then use the relay to power the (A6 pink/black) connection at the ECU. use the old wire to trigger the relay. this will give you a MUCH more stable voltage graph, and a much better running truck. we are working on an instruction sheet that we will be including with all our 75lb chips.

e
          Last edited by E-Rue; 03-08-2006, 08:58 AM.

Check out our new website!

Comment

i did the voltage upgrade last night same one turbo 6 did that he told me about it.It took me 10 min ,and the injector drivers are not on the ecm b fuse they are on the ecm 1 fuse.Here is how u wire the relay ,terminal 85 runs to ground terminal 87 gets fused constant 12volts from batterey terminal 30 goes to the ecm side of the cut pinkblack wire and terminal 86 goes to the car side of the ecm cut pink black wire.
            Last edited by cloneman315; 03-08-2006, 09:37 AM.
            Build is srp pistons, eagle rods ,4 bolt caps,vortechs 2.02 .1.60 ,1.5 roller rockers, gtq67 turbo, 75# inj,415 cam ,mccoy a2a and new tune by phill long also waller trans,caltracs,greendots,Msd Dig 6 with 2 step, Best times so far 1.42 60ft!!!!! 6.783 at 99.56mph
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/cloneman315

Comment

Originally posted by cloneman315
              i did the voltage upgrade last night took me 10 min ,and the injector drivers are not on the ecm b fuse they are on the ecm 1 fuse.Here is how u wire the relay ,terminal 85 runs to ground terminal 87 gets fused constant 12volts from batterey terminal 30 goes to the ecm side of the cut pinkblack wire and terminal 86 goes to the car side of the ecm cut pink black wire.
              Phillip Long

Comment

i checked the voltage difference tonight went from a 13.08 be4 this mod to a 13.9 at the ecm after
                Build is srp pistons, eagle rods ,4 bolt caps,vortechs 2.02 .1.60 ,1.5 roller rockers, gtq67 turbo, 75# inj,415 cam ,mccoy a2a and new tune by phill long also waller trans,caltracs,greendots,Msd Dig 6 with 2 step, Best times so far 1.42 60ft!!!!! 6.783 at 99.56mph

Comment

its easy to do

Comment

i must say my truck with this 75 chip program and these mods with the 415 cam heads etc runs better than a stock truck no joke

Comment

i have to agree with mike on this one..... the 50's will run low 11's with a tiny bit of headroom. what really concerns me is the chip you have is for a stock motor, with an aftermarket turbo, not a 412 cam and vortecs. its not gonna run right. tune is gonna be off. we are working on 2 different 65lb chips right now. they will allow you a little more headroom, and not require modification of the ECU. modding the ECU isnt that big of a deal, but it requires special injector drivers to be installed. once thats done you have to run a relay to the ECU so you can get more voltage at the ECMB circuit. you will find once the injector pulse width comes up (usually at WOT) the voltage will drop significantly if you dont have the relay installed. then theres always the issue of a possible problem with the ECU. you have to have a spare thats also modded if you suspect an ECU failure. cant just plug in another stocker. most people dont want these hassles, unles its a race car, and have been asking for another solution........ so we started working on 65lb high impedance inj programs. should have something pretty soon. we are working on one for a 415 cam, and another for our custom grind cam.

e

How about the 422 cam? I will need one for mine, and it will be pretty soon!

Comment

it should be about the same maybe just a little rough idle but mine is rock solid at 950 the tach dosent even move

Comment

I have seen this as well and it never affected my tunes. I had to run a different power wire on my set up but it was because I was powering up my Wideband 02 off of the Ecm powerfeed and it would drop out some times when the voltage would drop. Other wise it did not cause me any problems at all. But like anything it does not hurt to make sure you have 100% voltage there

Nolan

at high IDC the voltage will drop significantly and make a jagged wave on a graph. (usually only at WOT) the AFR will somewhat follow this jagged wave. in extrem cases you will get a little vibration from the engine, as the ECU starts to fail to work correctly under load. you might also see the ECU completely drop the ALDL connection. the FIX for this issue is to run a powerwire from the power terminal on the firewall to a relay. then use the relay to power the (A6 pink/black) connection at the ECU. use the old wire to trigger the relay. this will give you a MUCH more stable voltage graph, and a much better running truck. we are working on an instruction sheet that we will be including with all our 75lb chips.

e
                          1991 Syclone with LS7 735hp 652lbs at zero boost
                          MorettoMotorsportZ
                          Calibrated Success Certified Advanced GM EFI Calibrator
                          Calibrated Success Certified Advanced Ford EFI Calibrator.

Comment

i picked up almost 1 full volt doing this wire mod,if anyone is interested

Comment

I personally would try the 50's and when you max them out then look at upgrading. You have them already and you are set up with a chip as well (which might need some tweaks for your set up). You could also turn up the fuel pressure and get a MSD boost a pump so that your fuel pump will be able to keep up.

Personally I do not like the 65's yes I have tuned them. For that matter I do not like the 50's either any day of the week I would rather run a low imp 55 it is a night and day difference bettween the two for idle and low PW stability.

Nolan
                              1991 Syclone with LS7 735hp 652lbs at zero boost
                              MorettoMotorsportZ
                              Calibrated Success Certified Advanced GM EFI Calibrator
                              Calibrated Success Certified Advanced Ford EFI Calibrator.

Comment

BTW...I do have those 55's lo-impedance, if anyone's interested!
                                Alex E.

Alex@SteveMorrisEngines.com

Comment

Working...
                                X