Complete DIY Vortec heads/cam upgrade Budget & Parts List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete DIY Vortec heads/cam upgrade Budget & Parts List

Throughout my D.I.Y. Vortec head and cam photo install thread I promised a complete budget and parts list. Check this out!

(click to view ENTIRE budget)

Source: http://www.powertuneplus.com/syclone...ion_budget.htm

Download as Excel XLS: http://www.powertuneplus.com/syclone...ion_budget.xls

Basically $1,504.53 for all the necessary parts/gaskets shipped, including the cam and valvetrain. I also ended up buying over $600 of tools to do the job 100% D.I.Y. (except the machine work obviously.)

This budget IMO, is the cheapest possible amount you could spend to do a complete Vortec heads/cam upgrade with quality parts, start to finish!
    Last edited by Tooky; 04-06-2008, 02:16 AM. Reason: Links updated to www.PowerTunePlus.com

• Quickstop [UK]
    replied
    Re: Complete DIY Vortec heads/cam upgrade Budget & Parts List

hey you should sell that as a kit - 2500 and you'd still make some money!!! I mean a REAL kit - with EVERYTHING!!! Apart from tools of course!

Leave a comment:

• Tooky
    replied

Updated 11/16 to fix a part number typo on the stock replacement roller lifters. If there are any further corrections, I'll continue updating the original files linked in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• blk00z28
    replied

HA. I just PMed you asking about some of this. lol. OOPS. I didnt even see this thread.

Leave a comment:

• ffmeltdown
    replied

Josh, Thanks for all your hard work, documentation, follow through and tenacity. Best regards, Tom Melton.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X