• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sy644 View Post
    Awesome! What AFR you run while WOT?
    Mid 11.5:1 range on e85

Iím kinda confused, too low HP? Did you had heads swap to vortec? Whatís 6266 rated at? What kind injectors?
    Stock LB4 heads, I had ignition breakup issues, had to step to a colder plug to clear it up. It was creating all sorts of false knock which was pulling all of my timing and I wasn't even throwing any at it yet. That didn't happen on the dyno as I ran out of time and didn't have plugs with me anyways. With the new plugs it fires clean and clear and it likes to eat right at about 20 degrees of timing, which is verified by it eating the transmission rather quickly.

The injectors are low impedance 120lb/hr.

I just checked, 735 hp rated turbo. I think you could have about 550-600 hp in awd dyno. My turbo 6766 rated at 935 hp so Iím hoping for around 750-800 hp. I had my heads swapped to 2001 Silverado 4.3 vortec heads. Removed power steering pump & gearbox and AC.

Do you have renz intake in it? I do. I have 60# flow matched injectors in mine. What kind fuel pump?

Sorry for many questions. Iím just want to be prepare for it.
    Yes, now that it's fixed it'll probably make 550-600whp. Motor is stock bottom end with a comp cam, stock heads, stock intake, stock throttle body, stock fuel rail and lines. Radium fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pump is a Walbro 450HP with a 40amp relay powered directly from the battery.

You will likely run out of injector pretty fast unless you're planning on meth injection or race gas. On e85 I was nearing the max on my old 80# injectors at about 25lbs of boost, went to the low impedance 120# to make sure I had more than enough.

Comment

If you want to see photos and such of the build since I bought it, this site won't let me attach photos.

Go to this link: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-build-550587/

Comment

So awesome!! Thanks for all answers. I know you will need a vortec heads 1996 or up. Iím sure LB4 flow max thatís why low hp.

i see. I planning to do VP fuel in mine. Iím running on 340 racetronix. Renz intake is very good flow equal than stock intake which will hurt your #5/6 cylinders because of stock intake design. Surprise me there no flame coming out of the exhaust while on the dyno. You should remove the power steering and AC if had it then you get more hp. Lol
        John

91 Syclone #644
        87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
        86 Z28 355 high modify

Comment

Good to see that this Syclone has been sorted out and now is running some good ET's.
          Dave
          Sy #2661

Comment

So awesome!! Thanks for all answers. I know you will need a vortec heads 1996 or up. Iím sure LB4 flow max thatís why low hp.

i see. I planning to do VP fuel in mine. Iím running on 340 racetronix. Renz intake is very good flow equal than stock intake which will hurt your #5/6 cylinders because of stock intake design. Surprise me there no flame coming out of the exhaust while on the dyno. You should remove the power steering and AC if had it then you get more hp. Lol
            I won't be doing headwork or intake manifolds or anything like that on this motor. I'll reserve nice things like that for a v8.

The truck already has alot deleted, entire hvac system is gone, abs and cruise are gone. Full tank and no driver it weighs 3270lbs. Still have power steering mostly because my brakes are hydroboost.

Originally posted by dgoodhue View Post
            Good to see that this Syclone has been sorted out and now is running some good ET's.
            It's getting there. I was really hoping to see the fruits of my efforts with the Holley, but the transmission gave up. I am currently converting to run a th350 with a CK Performance mechanical diode drum and a manual valve body.

Comment

Great Build. Low 11s on stock heads is impressive.

Justin "RealFastV6"
              1991 GMC Syclone
              1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Originally posted by RealFastV6 View Post
                Great Build. Low 11s on stock heads is impressive.
                Thanks. Its got a high 10 in it. I've run out of drag racing season here in Oregon so next spring I'll lay it down.

Comment

Wow thatís so cool!!! 3,270 with a stock torsion bars? Or coilovers? I have coilovers in mine. What kind rear driveshaft?
                  John

91 Syclone #644
                  87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
                  86 Z28 355 high modify

Comment

We will moving to Vancouver WA in few years. Iíll bring my Sy there. So we can meet and racing.
                    Originally posted by JRoyPDX View Post

Thanks. Its got a high 10 in it. I've run out of drag racing season here in Oregon so next spring I'll lay it down.
                    John

91 Syclone #644
                    87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
                    86 Z28 355 high modify

Comment

Wow thatís so cool!!! 3,270 with a stock torsion bars? Or coilovers? I have coilovers in mine. What kind rear driveshaft?
                      It has RPM coilovers and tubular control arms. Stock rear driveshaft.

Comment

Got my th350 back, tracks are all closed for the season, so no rush to put it back together just yet...

Comment

In and driving. It was a long day, but I wanted to grab a little bit of video of it driving. If weather holds up I'll do a little street tuning and get some good vid.

https://youtu.be/yqO-DXG8Nc4

Comment

New video I never posted here shows me driving it around on the th350. It's pretty fun. Lots to tuning yet to be done.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oJB8JHI5A&t=16s

Comment

How much rpm @ 65 mph?
                              John

91 Syclone #644
                              87 Jimmy S15 2wd V8 TPI
                              86 Z28 355 high modify

Comment

How much rpm @ 65 mph?
                                Guessing 3000ish. Haven't really driven it much since the trans went in.

Comment

Working...
                                X