Sportmachines Afco Rear shocks review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportmachines Afco Rear shocks review

I installed these shocks a little while ago and absolutely love them. This was the last piece of the Suspension puzzle. These shocks combined with the front SM coilovers makes this truck feel like a newer sports car. My dad even wanted to drive it to see how it felt compared to his Jeep SRT, and he was amazed. He was the original owner of the Ty for 16 years and he said, he would daily drive it again haha.

Big props to Sportmachines to help our community and trucks better! Great service

1993 GMC Typhoon #1215 (10.71@124MPH Stock Bottom End)
    Typhoon 2.0 Build: 10.49 @129 Forged Internals, Block Fill, 4 bolt, High Compression, Brodix -8 Ported Heads, Custom Cam, Headers, E85, Holley Dominator, Built 4L80e

Re: Sportmachines Afco Rear shocks review

What other rear suspension mods do you have with it?
    93 blk/blk Typhoon #0529

Comment

Traction bars from the Group purchase this past winter, Belltech Lowering leafsprings, Setback plates, 1/2" lowering blocks.
      Typhoon 2.0 Build: 10.49 @129 Forged Internals, Block Fill, 4 bolt, High Compression, Brodix -8 Ported Heads, Custom Cam, Headers, E85, Holley Dominator, Built 4L80e

Comment

What rear sway bar is that?
        92 Ty SS - #2458 - In process
        08 C350
        03 Rubicon

Comment

Belltech rear sway bar.

Comment

The rears with the springs are even better
            91 SY #966
            92 Teal TY #414 Nats 05 Pure Stock Champ
            92 4dr T15 Jimmy 4x4

Comment

Are you guys using front tubular a-arms with the coil over set up? or just stock a-arms

Comment

Originally posted by Brwndrvr05 View Post
                Are you guys using front tubular a-arms with the coil over set up? or just stock a-arms
                seans is the coil over conversion for sure when i saw it.
                Mostly Stock ( reliability mods ) - walbro 255 - Accufab Fuel Pressure regulator
                EGR Delete - Johnson intercooler pump - Rear wiper delete
                Auto Meter Boost/Oil pressure gauges - PLX DM-6 Gen4 Wideband
                lowered 3" installed setback plates- torsion keys - BT Sway bar #5525

Comment

Sean are you by any chance bottoming out on the rear when you hit bumps? I have the belltech springs that has the two inch drop and the same sway bar with monomax shocks which i'm probably going to get rid of and boy do i bottom out so much i can't stand it.
                  1993 Typhoon #1889 "AWDBOOST"

Comment

Hey Vinnie,

I'm not bottoming out at all even with 1/2" lowering blocks. These shocks have built in bump stops to. I even adjusted the shocks this weekend for the Track and it still rides great on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Krupa View Post
                      Hey Vinnie,

I'm not bottoming out at all even with 1/2" lowering blocks. These shocks have built in bump stops to. I even adjusted the shocks this weekend for the Track and it still rides great on the street.
                      Sean can you please send me some pictures where the sway bar connects to the frame. Example the front of the rear tires you should be able to see it. I'm thinking the shocks stink and the rear sway bar might need to be adjusted. Thanks
                      1993 Typhoon #1889 "AWDBOOST"

Comment

Comment

I saw on your 11.2 run that you adjust your rear shocks to be stiffer. What setting did you have them onprevious and what did you set them to improve your 60'?
                          Dave
                          Sy #2661

Comment

I had them on 8 clicks from 0 per Sportmachines suggested to start out at. I added 3 clicks which helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Krupa View Post
                              I had them on 8 clicks from 0 per Sportmachines suggested to start out at. I added 3 clicks which helped a lot.
                              How many clicks do the AFCO shock have? I have coil over QA1 but I am more curious than anything else.
                              Dave
                              Sy #2661

Comment

Working...
                              X