Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belltech Rear Leaf Spring part# typhoon needed

Might be purchasing a few things...
    Anyone have the correct part number around. I am getting a few conflicting reports...
    Thank you
    2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
    1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Belltech Rear Leaf Spring part# typhoon needed

5954 is what I used on my Syclone. I was under the impression it's the only option for either. What other part numbers have you heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Justin "RealFastV6"
    1991 GMC Syclone
    1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Re: Belltech Rear Leaf Spring part# typhoon needed

Someone found the Sy leaf spring is a tad longer and was making contact with the shackle bushing on a Typhoon.

There is a new Bell tech part # released for Typhoon / Jimmy applications.

I have the 5954 on my Ty and they do not rub.
      I will be selling them once I go with the JSM 4 Link.
      Jason | 92 Typhoon #2407: it smells like code $59
      06 C6 Corvette - dd | 10 Subaru Forester XTi - herz | 05 Silverado SS AWD - support vehicle | 64 C10 LBSS - beater truck
      SyTy Nationals Alumni 99 | 00 | 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 09 | 11 | 13 ...

fueled by RIP brother man

Comment

Thank you for the input. I have heard 5964, and 5956 as well as 5954
        1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

I had 5954's on my ty and the rear shackle was very close to the frame. I would say they are wrong for a typhoon.
          1962 Chevrolet Biscayne( low and mean)
          2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4( daily driver)
          2017 Street Glide Special yep two wheeled ride

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them...

Comment

https://www.belltech.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5964

https://www.belltech.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5956

https://www.belltech.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=5954
            Shawn McGill

'92 TYPHOON #1613 Black/Black

"Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one."

Comment

I did that research, but none say for the typhoon, but I know people run them

Comment

That was me Jason... I posted my original findings on the Facebook page but it wasn't received well over there..

Long story short... 5954's are too long, 54"... The stock Ty springs is 52".. Belltech 2 gen SUV springs 5956, are 52"... But differential locating pins are 1.5" forward compared to stock Ty and 5954 springs..

I set them up in the mill and bored the correct hole for the pin in the correct location..

Now truck rides like a million bucks.. Spoke to belltech and they were clueless to the spring being different length on the trucks and SUV's.. They said they will start to offer the correct springs after I brought this to their attention...

What the new part number is... I don't know.. But my Ty rides good and has the drop I was looking for..

Let me know if y'all have any other questions...

See ya,
                Paul Z.

sigpic
                1991 Syclone # 2130. Black/Black. Built stock block, Nolan custom cam, Brodix heads with EFI converted carb intake, PTE 6466 Gen 2, PTE front mount A/A intercooler, Built 4L80e, DaveP Holley Dominator install with DIS, etc.
                1993 Typhoon #1309. Black/Argent. Stockish.

Comment

Oh, So you re-drilled the pin holes for the 5656?very cool, not on facebook, can you PMM me your findings?
                  Originally posted by Z SKI View Post
                  That was me Jason... I posted my original findings on the Facebook page but it wasn't received well over there..

Long story short... 5954's are too long, 54"... The stock Ty springs is 52".. Belltech 2 gen SUV springs 5956, are 52"... But differential locating pins are 1.5" forward compared to stock Ty and 5954 springs..

I set them up in the mill and bored the correct hole for the pin in the correct location..

Now truck rides like a million bucks.. Spoke to belltech and they were clueless to the spring being different length on the trucks and SUV's.. They said they will start to offer the correct springs after I brought this to their attention...

What the new part number is... I don't know.. But my Ty rides good and has the drop I was looking for..

Let me know if y'all have any other questions...

See ya,

Comment

Spoke to belltech and they were clueless to the spring being different length on the trucks and SUV's.. They said they will start to offer the correct springs after I brought this to their attention...

What the new part number is... I don't know.. But my Ty rides good and has the drop I was looking for.
                    After talking to Paul about this, and the more I thought about it, I got pretty pissed.

So I emailed Belltech and called them out on the springs... and told them they should honor exchanges for springs that will fit since they had the wrong info on their site. Their rep emails me back and says "unfortunately there's nothing we can do.":

I wrote back and said "so your site said 5954's are compatible with the Typhoon, when they're actually too long, you guys "fix the glitch" on your site, and then say there's nothing you can do? Really? Not even a discount on the correct springs that actually fit?"

We'll see what they come back with. They're probably gonna tell me to kick rocks, and I'll have to take it in the tailpipe, and shell out another $300 on new springs. If I had the dough for the 4-link I'd bid Belltech a fond f-u, and go that route... but I'll just have to clean up the old ones and ebay em to try to recoup some wasted money.

Edit* they just responded and said "it looks like we stopped selling springs for the Typhoons" and that's it... hahaha. I want to respond and say "No shit MF! Cause they were the wrong ones!", but it's obvious they're not going to do anything.
                    Last edited by Mephisto; 03-27-2017, 01:14 PM.
                    1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
                    1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Comment

Can you post pics of how you modified it?
                      V~
                      Sy 1264 • SoGT 264 • 93 Ty 076796 Bravada • Where's Ty 2264?

Comment

Theres no other leaf spring options now?
                        2011 GSXR 600
                        2011 Hayabusa
                        2012 Ram 3500 Cummins
                        1993 Toyota Supra
                        1995 Toyota Supra
                        1993 GMC Typhoon #0776 White/White

Comment

I never received any response from him... I wish I would though!

Comment

Paul do you have the dimensions? I'm going to have to do this on my drill press. My typhoon has fiberglass leafs and I just don't trust them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Justin "RealFastV6"
                            1991 GMC Syclone
                            1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Hey all... Sorry I've been MIA.... Life has been a busy mo-fo recently...

I just typed out a killer response and the damn forum glitched

No need to drill any holes, a better way has been confirmed...

Neal (Mephisto) just installed the belltech Colorado lowering springs and they were a perfect match... Correct length and way better ride... Still needed the setback plates to center the wheels but most of us have those from our previous springs...

Neal should be updating this thread with more info and hopefully some pics...

Hope this helps...

Oh, here's a link to the springs...

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/bel-5953/none/images

See ya,
                              Paul Z.

sigpic
                              1991 Syclone # 2130. Black/Black. Built stock block, Nolan custom cam, Brodix heads with EFI converted carb intake, PTE 6466 Gen 2, PTE front mount A/A intercooler, Built 4L80e, DaveP Holley Dominator install with DIS, etc.
                              1993 Typhoon #1309. Black/Argent. Stockish.

Comment

Working...
                              X