• Show
Clear All

• JSM Front Coil Over Kit

I can't wait to road test this setup.... once I get an alignment done:

those calipers have two bleeders ??

Comment

Originally posted by ty166 View Post
      those calipers have two bleeders ??
      Calipers appear to be installed with the bleeders on the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Ty1642 View Post

Calipers appear to be installed with the bleeders on the bottom?
        Those calipers are from a '98 or '00 F-body Firebird I believe, and the bleeders are at the bottom, which makes them very difficult to bleed. I just assumed all F-body calipers adapted to our vehicle had this issue.... is this not the case?

Comment

Mine arent like that. Swap sides

Comment

Originally posted by Static View Post
            Mine arent like that. Swap sides
            Hmmm... I'll have to investigate this. I don't think the braided brake lines that came in the Renz Fab kit for doing this conversion are long enough to switch sides.... Maybe I got brake lines for doing a C5 caliper setup accidentally?

Comment

Measure and see if someone can verify the brake lines. Youll play hell trying to bleed that. We put a rear disc setup on a Silverado SS in the dark, upside down. Couldn't get it bled.

Comment

Originally posted by Static View Post
                Measure and see if someone can verify the brake lines. Youll play hell trying to bleed that. We put a rear disc setup on a Silverado SS in the dark, upside down. Couldn't get it bled.
                I got it all sorted out today.... I must have routed the brake lines incorrectly initially and thought the caliper had to be turned upside down to make everything work.... bleeding was hell. Thanks for the keen eye and support!

Comment

Nice job.

I have to do the Typhoon soon. The Brakes and suspension are hell.

I did the Syclone back 4-5 years ago so I kinda remember what I'm doing.
                  Justin "RealFastV6"
                  1991 GMC Syclone
                  1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Working...
                  X