Coilovers with stock a arms and torsion bar delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers with stock a arms and torsion bar delete

I found this on the web. Anyone here know who this belongs to and if so what is the brand/part number for the coil over. Looks like Eibach springs. Spring rates? Any improvement in handling and ride? Thank you in advance.

PS I'm a little hesitant going this route as the shock attachment points were never designed to support the sprung weight of the vehicle.

We're going road racing in a truck. That's so wrong." -Gale Banks

GlasslessMirror.com

I've done this to my Sy. I used DS501 QA-1 shocks with 550 eiback 2.25" coils. I machined the spring cups from 2.50" down to 2.25" and used washers to center to eye in the shock mounts on the truck. I personally think the ride is much better and it cuts a little over 50 lbs of weight. Been 8 years and still going strong. I also used 2" spacers because the longest 2.25" coils are 9" long and the spacer fits inside the top mount better than the coil does.

Phil
    Not putting miles on your Sy/Ty so it will be more appealing to the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more appealing to her next boyfriend.

Comment

Thank you!

We're going road racing in a truck. That's so wrong." -Gale Banks

GlasslessMirror.com

Comment

I did mine several years ago. QA-1 shocks also but don't recall all the specs. Also installed the quick ratio steering box and a smaller steering wheel. Night and Day improvement. Like going from a truck to a sports car as far and turning goes.
        Jim Longwith
        Formerly Longwith's trim & accessories
        longwith@comporium.net

Comment

Working...
        X