F body brake issue, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F body brake issue, please help!

So, about 3 years ago, I put on the F body conversion. everything went on smooth. Problem was when I would drive, I would get a rotation squeak ONLY when I turn left . So, I riped it off about 5x. Check clearances, etc., and it would always come back. So, in teh garage it went, and I spent the last 3 years re-doing the entire truck. Put a new master and proportioning valve in it. Just took it on my street, and the squeak is still there. I am at a total loss. The caliper I purchased 3years was brand new, same with the rotor. The F body adaptor bracket is from a vendor (can't remember which one), but I am about to rip it all off and start over. Any thoughts? Could it be a bad caliper? Or do you think the bracket is bad? I am very lost and frustrated.
    2003 2500 Avalanche. 496 with headers, 3" Magnaflow exhaust SOLD!
    1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Sir,
    Could the wheel be hitting the upper a-arm?
    Bob

Comment

Braided hose or rubber? No sign of metal to metal contact on moving parts? Hose distortion can even cause caliper to close.
      IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

https://youtu.be/HVoKGqtMkjo
        IGottaSy so IWannaTy no longer.

Taking the streets by STORM!

My smart phone makes me look dumb when I T-Type

Comment

Not CV. I think it is theclip for the caliper
          1992 Typhoon # 0234. ultimate chip, cervinis ram air hood, ATR exhaust, otherwise all stock. New paint and semi-restoration final in May of 2013

Comment

Can you, like, put it up to jackstands, move shifter to D and listen carefully from underneath?

Comment

Figured it out. It was the powdercoating on the bracket was a little thick causing the clip to not sit correct

Comment

Working...
              X