F body brake issue, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2500avalanche
    started a topic F body brake issue, please help!

F body brake issue, please help!

So, about 3 years ago, I put on the F body conversion. everything went on smooth. Problem was when I would drive, I would get a rotation squeak ONLY when I turn left . So, I riped it off about 5x. Check clearances, etc., and it would always come back. So, in teh garage it went, and I spent the last 3 years re-doing the entire truck. Put a new master and proportioning valve in it. Just took it on my street, and the squeak is still there. I am at a total loss. The caliper I purchased 3years was brand new, same with the rotor. The F body adaptor bracket is from a vendor (can't remember which one), but I am about to rip it all off and start over. Any thoughts? Could it be a bad caliper? Or do you think the bracket is bad? I am very lost and frustrated.

• 2500avalanche
    replied
    Figured it out. It was the powdercoating on the bracket was a little thick causing the clip to not sit correct

Leave a comment:

• bonesdmz
    replied
    Can you, like, put it up to jackstands, move shifter to D and listen carefully from underneath?

Leave a comment:

• 2500avalanche
    replied
    Not CV. I think it is theclip for the caliper

Leave a comment:

• IGottaSy
    replied
    https://youtu.be/HVoKGqtMkjo

Leave a comment:

• IGottaSy
    replied
    Braided hose or rubber? No sign of metal to metal contact on moving parts? Hose distortion can even cause caliper to close.

Leave a comment:

• proptop
    replied
    Sir,
    Could the wheel be hitting the upper a-arm?
    Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X