Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop bottoming out after lowering....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to stop bottoming out after lowering....

Originally posted by super-gt View Post
    Considered a frame notch?

My dad has his blazer lowered 5 inches in the rear with a frame notch and it rides very nice for being as low as it is..
    i have a 6 inch drop on the rear of my s10 and my blazer, 3 inch leafs and a 3inch block, never really had a bottoming out problem, for an s10 anyways. that is correct about the cladding though.

i did however remove the factory bump stops and brackets off the frame and in place put the low profile ones mentioned above in the frame above the rear axle. seems to work great for me, biggest problem is wide tires hitting the fender lip when weighted down aka the blazer with 3 heavy people crammed into the back seat
    91 Syclone 2047. The saga continues

Comment

Lowered ty's with stock wheels will rub cladding if travel is not limited. I've seen S_blazers s-10 and blazer and its done very well. Its all about the wheel offset. My ty had a two inch block in rear and with my 17x11s 315-35-17s they never rubbed nor did they ever bottom out on the stock bump stops. If you go lower of course they will bump and will ride crappy. Personally if you want that wheel gap between the bottom of the fender and tire as minimal as possible then buy bigger wheels. This will look better and still give you a better ride.

Comment

I just bought my first Ty and it's already lowered using new keys for the front torsion bars and the rear has blocks with the realignment block for the axles as well. It also has brand new bilsteins too but I was informed they are stock height replacements. It rides fine and sits real low but when I hit a hard bump of course it sucks. My question is if I got shorter shocks would this help ride quality. I am thinking about getting a complete setup front and real with coilover and new rear leafs to just have a piece of mind about it all.
        93 typhoon 0722
        13 ecoboost
        Turbos all the way!

Comment

Maybe, maybe not it depends if the shocks are bottoming out or the frame is touching the axle.

You might try messing with it a little before you through a couple thousand dollars at the problem, or not
          Roy
          1991 GMC Syclone #1512
          1991 GMC Syclone #2898

Nats X
          Nats 12 - Long Haul Award - 2,554 miles round trip

Comment

Originally posted by b34tgnu2 View Post
            I just bought my first Ty and it's already lowered using new keys for the front torsion bars and the rear has blocks with the realignment block for the axles as well. It also has brand new bilsteins too but I was informed they are stock height replacements. It rides fine and sits real low but when I hit a hard bump of course it sucks. My question is if I got shorter shocks would this help ride quality. I am thinking about getting a complete setup front and real with coilover and new rear leafs to just have a piece of mind about it all.
            No way the stock length Bilsteins are bottoming out. Blocks only lift the axle housing, they do not change the shock mounts at all.

Comment

Originally posted by supersports10 View Post
              box and part # for the red ones.....enjoy
              Um...****ing photo bucket
              can anybody tell me what part number was pictured? My lowered ty rides absolutely terrible in the rear

Comment

oooohh!!! I can see the photobucket pics! Did they finally cave in on their 3party BS???
                1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
                1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Comment

Working...
                X