Wheel offset and Track width questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offset and Track width questions

I've been searching and reading about wheel offsets and tracks widths for my 94 Bravada project for the past 2 days and I'm a little confused about a couple of things. Being that SyTy's have the closest drivetrain to my Bravada, I have been doing most of my research on SyTy's since nobody seems to have the specs I need listed for Bravadas.

Standard 4x4 S-Series trucks have a 57.22" FT and 57.22" RR track width and the ZR2 trucks have have a 61.12" FT and 61.12" RR track width. Both seem to use the same stock wheels that are 15x7" with a +2.5" (63.5mm) offset (or 6" of back spacing).

I see that SyTy wheels have different offsets front and rear. 41mm (1.6" / 5.6" back spacing) in the front and 13mm (.5" / 4.5" back spacing) in the rear. I do not own a SyTy and do not have access to one to look at so my question is why is it different? Is the difference to keep the wheel backspacings because the body is wider in the rear of the 1st Gen trucks is wider then front? If So, why do the Standard 4x4's/ wheels and my Bravada wheels have the same offset forward and rear?

Kenneth R Zink II
    2001 Chevy S10 - Turbo 4.3L SFI conversion (Black Beauty)
    2000 GMC Jimmy SLT - Stock (J10)
    1994 Olds Bravada - Soon to be 455 Olds powered (Rocket)

Originally posted by hellcat1 View Post
    Standard 4x4 S-Series trucks have a 57.22" FT and 57.22" RR track width.
    That isn't accurate. Get better track width numbers and you'll answer your own question. The rears are narrower than the fronts by about 2 1/4".

You can visually see it on a factory S10 4X4.

Justin "RealFastV6"
    1991 GMC Syclone
    1993 GMC Typhoon

Comment

Working...
    X